Chapter 26: Death In The Night

"Master, where are you going?"

Obi-Wan was leaving the Jedi Temple. Grim could feel his worry. What had unsettled her Master and why was he leaving the Jedi Temple?

He stopped for a moment and looked at his Padawan. He could tell she was concerned about him. "I have to deal with something on my own, you're not to follow me," he told her.

Grim crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Last time you said that Darth Maul returned, and you got tortured by him."

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Grim, but did that not also happen to you because you didn't listen to me?" Obi-Wan retorted.

Grim opened her mouth to speak and then shut it again. He wasn't wrong. "Okay, that's on me. Still can I at least know where you're going so I can warn you in case you're walking into a trap?"

Obi-Wan sighed. She was always so stubborn. He supposed he was going to have to tell Anakin anyway, as he needed to borrow his ship. Grim would probably just ask Anakin, and still find a way to follow him. Maybe if he told her she wouldn't be as reckless. "Duchess Satine is in trouble-"

"That settles it, I'm going with you," Grim said before Obi-Wan even finished.

Well, all things considered, he should have expected that response.

"Grim no," he told her. "I must go alone, I'm already disobeying the Council by doing this. I am not bringing you with me."

"You're right, you're not. I'm still going though, and you can't stop me," replied Grim.

"No Grim," he told her again. He crossed his arms, and looked at her sternly. He hoped she would back down about this. Sometimes she could be just as bad as Anakin.

Grim could tell Obi-Wan wasn't going to let her go with him. She sighed and faked her defeat, "very well then Master, but I must warn you, you're walking into a trap."

Obi-Wan considered that for a moment. "Why would Death Watch set a trap for me?"

"It's not Death Watch."

"Then who?" He knew he had many enemies, but how many enemies did he happen to have on Mandalore?

"Darth Maul."

"I see," said Obi-Wan after a long moment.

Why would he even be on Mandalore? He had a feeling his Padawan wouldn't tell him, she seemed to shy away whenever a subject turned to the Sith. Which could get very frustrating as he knew she was withholding information from the Council that could be vital to both winning the war and defeating the Sith.

"Be careful, Master," she told him. Her voice quiet.

Obi-Wan gave Grim a gentle smile. "I will be."

He continued on and Grim waited a moment before she began to follow after him. She snuck into the ship before Obi-Wan had even finished talking with Anakin.

Grim had hoped to avoid being spotted by him until they had landed on the planet, but during the flight Obi-Wan had noticed his Padawan.

"Grim!" he exclaimed. "Stop sneaking along on missions I am going on alone!" Why wouldn't she stop doing that?

She huffed and crossed her arms. "Then stop falling for Smaul's traps." She retorted as she walked over to the co-pilot seat next to him.

He sighed and shook his head. There was nothing he could do about it now. "Well, I wasn't expecting my padawan to stowaway on my mission. I don't have a disguise for you, meaning you will have to stay with the ship."