Chapter 5: Innocents Of Ryloth

The Separatists had taken control of Ryloth.

Anakin and Ahsoka had defeated their blockade and it was now time for Masters Windu and Kenobi to lead the invasion and liberate the people of the planet. Grim was anxious to get going as she walked beside her master.

"The first trick will be getting our troops on the ground," Obi-Wan told Mace as he and Grim entered the gunship.

"If you take the city of Nabet first, we'll have our landing zone," Windu replied.

"Well it's time to meet the natives," Obi-Wan said, as the doors closed and the ship lifted off. "We need to remember why we're here," said Obi-Wan as they headed to the mission. "We came to aid the twi'leks not destroy their homes. Cody?"

Obi-Wan let Cody address the other clones, as he told them all the mission.

Grim found herself restless and wanting to get a move on. She didn't like being cooped up in the gunships, she preferred the battlefield where there was more space. As blasterfire from the canons rocked the air Grim found herself wanting to be on the ground even more.

That was when Windu contacted them, "we can't risk landing our larger transports until you take out those guns." He said.

"Pull back. We'll take care of it," Obi-Wan told him. The call ended and he addressed everyone. "Who's up for a challenge?" he asked. Grim smirked, she was always up for a challenge. "We're not getting any reinforcements until those guns are out of commission."

The gunships landed in a barren forest of Ryloth, not too far from the wall where droids awaited. Once the doors opened they all made their way to battle.

As droids began to fire at them Grim and Obi-Wan ignited their lightsabers. The purple and blue lightsabers crackling to life, they deflected the blasterfire. Grim right next to Obi-Wan, finding herself emerged into the action.

"That bunker is going to be a problem, General," Cody told Obi-Wan.

"Leave the bunker to us," Obi-Wan replied. He looked over to Waxer and Boil, "you two wanted action, follow us," he said. The group of four made their way to the bunker and took shelter from the fire by crouching under some rocks. The droids continued to fire at the others in the battle. "Let's take them out. Now!"

Waxer threw a droid popper but it missed the droids. "We're going to have to get closer to the wall," he told the two Jedi.

"Try again," said Grim. "I'll help you out." Waxer nodded and threw another droid popper. Grim stretched out her hand and caught the droid popper with the force, guiding it to hit the droids it missed prior. Boil and Obi-Wan did the same for the other side, taking down the droids.

Having defeated the outer defenses they moved into the empty village. "The wall is secure, sir," Cody informed Kenobi. "Are we moving on to the guns?"

"We need to know what the droids have planned for us," he replied. "Send your best men to scout ahead."

"Will do sir," Cody replied. "Boil, Waxer come with me," he told the two.

Grim chuckled as she overheard Boil remark, "I guess we're the best."

As Cody left with Waxer,Boil, and Wooley. Grim remained with Obi-Wan and the other clone troops. She remembered this episode well enough to have a pretty clear picture of what would happen.

Nearby they found a broken down building where they set up command. Grim leaned against the wall as she waited for the others to return so the mission could go on.