Chapter 27: Cracked Hearts

When Obi-Wan and Grim arrived at the Jedi Temple, Anakin was waiting for them. He knew something was wrong before they even exited the ship.

For one, it wasn't his ship.

He knew the Twilight wasn't in the best condition, but it should have been good enough for Obi-Wan to rescue his girlfriend.

When they exited the ship Anakin noticed that the duchess was not there, instead it was Grim who he thought he might have seen follow along with Master Kenobi, and both of them were injured. The Padawan seemed even more so.

"What happened?" Anakin asked them.

The two looked at him, Anakin couldn't remember the last time he had seen Obi-Wan so hurt. And Grim looked terrified. He had a feeling Satine was dead, and that more had happened on the mission.

Grim and Obi-Wan left the hanger without a word to Anakin. Seemingly lost in thoughts about whatever had occurred on the mission that had clearly gone wrong.

Obi-Wan turned to Grim. "We must speak with the Council immediately about what happened," he told her.

She bit the inside of her cheek nervously. "Shouldn't we go to the healers first?" she asked him, aware of their shared injuries.

Obi-Wan considered that for a moment. "Yes, you especially," he agreed. Knowing Grim got the worst of it.

She crossed her arms and looked up at him, giving Obi-Wan a look the Jedi Master was all too familiar with at this point. "Master, you better be going with me. I know you're injured too."

Obi-Wan sighed. The Force seemed to give him the most stubborn padawans it had to offer. "Alright Grim."

"Good, because we can tell the Council once our injuries are treated. I'm not just trying to get out of telling the Council about..." she trailed off.

"I would hope not," he replied, already knowing what she was going to say. "I wish you had told me."

"I know. I should have," sighed Grim.

The two Jedi went to the Halls of Healing where they were treated by Master Hart. Alma sighed seeing them. "Which one of you this time?" She asked.

Alma treated the two Jedi, and told them to rest for a little bit before she moved on to her other patients. Obi-Wan used the time to contact Yoda and inform him that he and Grim had to speak with the Council on a pressing matter.

Once he finished his call with Yoda he turned to Grim. "Well, before we have to speak with the Council, how did you manage to not realize you were holding the darksaber?"

"In my defense I was very stressed out," said Grim.

"So stressed out you didn't realize you were using an ancient weapon of major significance?"

"To be fair I was trapped with Darth Maul and you were gone."

"I was gone for all of ten minutes and you managed to get the darksaber."

"Then you should have kept a better eye on me, Master," she joked with a grin.

Obi-Wan shook his head. "You are impossible, Padawan."

"Why thank you, Master," she replied innocently.

When they were dismissed from the Halls of Healing, Grim and Obi-Wan made their way to speak with the Council. Obi-Wan noticed how nervous Grim looked. He wondered just how much she had been hiding from the Council if she had clearly encountered Sidious before.

When the two Jedi reached the Council Chambers, the Padawan noticed that only Masters Yoda, Windu, Mundi, Piell, and Koon were present in person. The rest of the Council, aside for Obi-Wan, were attending via hologram. Grim and Obi-Wan stood in the center of the room. The Padawan shifted her feet nervously while playing with her braid.