57

When Cheng Li was looking for a pen, Jian Xie picked up the employee ID card that had just fallen outside.

On the back is the pattern of the Authority, but when turned to the front, there is no photo of him, nor the department he belongs to, only a single serial number.

7.

Cheng Li handed him the pen, and his eyes fell on the employee ID card.

When he saw the number, he showed a surprised expression again: "Only one number?"

And it still doesn't quite fit 7...

"..."

Seeing Jian Xie frowning and looking at himself, Cheng Li paused, and took the initiative to explain: "Normally, it should be five digits."

For example, his ID card reads 6-3-002, which means the No. 6 Autumn Recruitment Employee, who is invited by the three departments at the same time, ranks second in rank.

But Jian Xie, there is only one 7?

Does this mean that he is the well-deserved Investigator No. 7 who doesn't need any modifiers?

Thinking of his rank, it may not be a coincidence...

He looked complicated.

After getting the answer, Jian Xie looked away, put the employee card in his pocket, took the pen and wrote down his name on the contract, and then handed it back to Cheng Li.

The handwriting is beautiful and the strokes are powerful.

Pleasant to the eye.

After the inspection, Cheng Li reopened the cut cowhide pocket, put the contract in as it was, and then carefully sealed it and put it back in place.

After all, it has to be handed over to the department for archives.

When he was done, he let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you wouldn't sign it right away," Cheng Li said lightly, a little cramped, "That's fine, I don't have to make a few more trips."

He thought about it again: "It's still early, I'll invite you out to dinner, what do you want to eat?"

Although Cheng Li still has many problems in his heart, since the most difficult contract has been resolved so quickly, he is in a good mood now and feels that he can relax first.

But Jian Xie didn't pick up on this, and raised her eyes: "Let's solve the matter at one time."

Cheng Li choked: "..."

This neat and neat appearance has a personal style.

"What do you want to ask me, just say it directly." Jian Xie suddenly turned her face and stared at the person in the driver's seat with an almost scrutiny look, her words were clear, "Because I also have a question and want to hear from you later. Here's the answer, so I won't hide anything from you."

In other words, I hope you do too.

Cheng Li: "..."

He cleared his throat first, and then said nervously: "I want to ask...A long time ago, was what you said to me a joke, or was it true?"

Jian Xie was startled: "What?"

He didn't know when Cheng Li was referring to.

"It was the second time we met, the case where the B-level monster disappeared, and what happened the night I took you back from the apartment downstairs." Cheng Li tried to describe the time as concretely as possible. His Adam's apple rolled and he said with difficulty, "You asked me in the car if monsters would protect humans..."