Chapter Thirty-Four

I stood up from my seat and walked to the back of the crowd. Everyone was swaying back and forth, singing along, and cheering. The voice. I know I've heard it before. I wanted to know who it was.

"Hey, Neil," I felt a hand touch my bicep. I brought my attention to Rose. "You okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah. Do you know the name of who's playing right now?" I cleared my throat.

"I think his name is-"

Before she could finish her sentence the man on stage spoke, "thank you everyone who came out tonight. I'm Tyler Joseph, a solo artist. I'll be back tomorrow night! Come out and show support. Thank you."

Tyler?!

Once the crowd simmered down I was able to see the stage. He was right there... No.. It couldn't be. He was dead, we had a funeral. How is this possible? I saw him walk off stage with his guitar case, walked passed everyone in a hurry and out the door he went.

"Will you excuse me?" I rubbed her arm, hoping this wouldn't lose my chance with her. She smiled softly and kissed me on my lips. It felt like I melted into her sweet lips.

"Hurry back." She whispered against me.

"Don't worry, I'll definitely come back." I smirk.

I quickly hurried past everyone and finally made it out the door. I looked around the parking lot, nothing. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Fuck!

"Shit." My head slumped down.

"I think I'm the one you are looking for, brother." My heart sank as I slowly turned around.

"H-how?" I grabbed his shoulders. I scanned his body to look for injuries. He was so young when he join the club and it was my responsibility to take care of him.

"Neil, I'm okay." He chuckled lightly. I exhaled in relief. I yanked him into a tight hug. He was so skinny before, it looks like he gained some muscle.

I patted his back and pulled away. "How is this possible?"

"We can talk. Have time?" I nodded.

"I have a place I'm staying at for a little. Wanna go there?" He smiled. I knew it was a yes. "I just have to tell uh.."

"Kat?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Um no.. I'll catch you up when we talk. I'll be right back." He nodded and leaned against the car behind him. Im assuming it was his. I went back inside, walked up to the booth and saw Rose with another man. I felt the anger boil inside.

"Neil!" She said excitingly, "this is-"

"I don't care who he is. Come here." I demanded. Rose stood up and I cupped her cheeks. I kissed her roughly, sliding my tongue in her mouth without permission. She moaned and tugged on my shirt.

The man in the booth cleared his throat. She lightly pulled away but I wasn't done. I kissed down her jaw to her neck. Leaving a couple of hickeys. I knew she enjoyed it because she squeezed my bicep.

"You're mine.." I whispered in her ear. "Understand?" I growl. I wasn't shy in front of others. What's mine is mine and no one is dumb enough to cross me.

"Yes sir." She whimpered.

"I have to go take care of business." She pouted but she was so understanding. Before I left I gave the man a devilish look. He knew not to try anything.

~~~

Once I gave Tyler the address to where I was staying, I tried to drive as fast as I could to have a head start on explaining to Jesse and Trevor.

I ran inside and Trevor jumped on the couch in shock. "What the hell are you running for?"

"Jesse!!"

"Neil!! What is it?" Trevor stood up.

"Tyler," Trevor shrugged his shoulders not understanding. "He's alive."

"What?"

"He's on his way over."

Knock knock

"And there he is," I opened the door and Tyler walked in. Trevor stood there in shock as I did.

"Hey," Tyler whispered. Trevor said nothing but gave him a tight hug. Once everyone was settled in, we awaited his story.

"I know you guys have a lot of questions. I just want to start off by saying, I'm sorry." Sorry? I should be the one saying that. "I was beaten and broken for a long time after..." he took a deep breath.

"Take your time, man." Trevor said quietly.

"That night.. I was laying there on the floor with the gun to my head. I didn't think I was going to get out of that situation. But I did. Luckily. I got one more wind in me and I was able to escape out the back door."

I cut him, "he shot the gun. I heard it."

"He shot it but he missed. By the time he shot I was already running. He played his role very well, if you ask me."

"Why didn't you come home? We had a funeral.." I chocked as I spoke.

"I couldn't come home. I knew the battle wasn't over and I knew I wouldn't have made it.. I would be dead. I left. I'm sorry. Look where I am now. Roaming free! I'm doing what I've always want to do. Make my music in peace." I saw how happy he was explaining. I couldn't feel anything but guilt.

"I was supposed to protect you.."

"You did the best you could." Trevor stated.

"No i didn't! I failed! I thought he was dead!" I clench my jaw.

"Well, well, well." Everyone turned their head toward the hallway. "Who's this lil boy?"

"This is Tyler.." I stated.

"Oh, baby boy. Aren't you the one who died? How'd you come back to life?" Jesse chuckled.

"I never died."

"You coming back to us?" Jesse stood there was a devilish look. I knew what he was playing. One of his sick games. I looked at Tyler, hoping for the right answer.

"Neil, I-"

"Jesse, why don't you come with me." I stood up and pushed him out of the room. I looked at Trevor. He knew I wanted him to knock some sense into Tyler.