Chapter Two

The next day I wake up with an ache in my lower stomach. I could barely walk and Jeremy wasn't home to help me get around. I wanted so badly to call him and ask if he could come home but I didn't. I should've went to the hospital honestly. But I tried to wait it out.

I stayed on the couch for most of the day. I felt uncomfortable every second, I just did not want to feel anything anymore. Or at the time being. I was so miserable. When was Jeremy gonna get home? I look over at the clock, 6 more hours. I sigh.

I had to pee, it's been a very hours since I had to go. But since I was in do much pain I didn't move. I knew it was time to get up and go. I yawn before standing or attempting to stand. I get to the point where I'm sitting up. I honestly don't think I'm going to make it. I was nearly in tears when I finally stood.

I wasn't just uncomfortable all day but I also had this bad feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I wasn't guilty about calling off work and they understood anyways so I had their forgiveness if I did feel guilty. I did not know if something bad was going to happen to Jeremy so I sent him a text asking him how he's doing. Then I realized there was whispering coming from the other side of the front door. I stood still to hear the whispering but the second I stopping my movement two masked people barge in.

Only one had a gun. The other one saw me and knocked me down. Pressing my face and body down to the cold icy floor. The persons knee was resting on my back and their hand on the back of my head. I whimper out loud in pain.

"SHUT UP BITCH!" I cry right on the spot. I haven't cried in a long time. It had nothing to do with my past or anything that happened a few months ago. Everything has been fine since I moved in with Jeremy. I knew he loved me and I knew he would take care of me. And of course he did, until now.

"Where's Jeremy!?" I felt a cold circle knob on my right temple, I knew it had to be the gun. I closed my eyes tight. The other person on my back pushed down on my stomach and that's when I knew I had to speak. I knew because I felt something wet on the front of my sweats. I tried to look down but my head was pushed down harder against the floor.

"I'm pregnant!!" I heard nothing. The guy got off my back and stood.

"Oh shit dude..Is that blood?"

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Without even trying to fix the mess they started they ran like bitches leaving a bloody pregnant woman there. I cried not being able to move any part of my body. The masked men left the front door opened when they ran cause I heard more foot steps walking closer to me. I prayed they didn't come back to me. Or if they did I would just end my life there. I would even as a young woman.

"Honey?" I heard a voice that sounded like and angel. I felt myself drifting away like I was being washed away from the shore on a beach. I was turned onto my back and I could not even make a noise from the pain. I felt dead and at the time I honestly felt like I was dying. But I saw her. My angel. My neighbor Ida Beth. She was a sweet 65 year old. Every day I get off I spend time with her next door. We either play chess or checker's, she always beats me. Or we play card games. We would watch tv and listen to old records. Everything we did was memorable. She was to first and only person to know about my baby. She could never have kids for herself so she told me to bring the baby there every chance I got and to always let her babysit so I wouldn't have to spend money on a babysitter. She meant so much to me and now she's here when I need her the most.

"Oh, honey." I hear her sniff and knit my eyebrows a little. I didn't know what was going to happen.

All I could say or even ask was, "I'm dying, aren't I?" She shook her head no but my vision was getting worse and worse. And soon enough I felt my eyelids shut. I don't remember what happened after that but I woke up on a gurney, all my eyes could focus on were the white ceiling moving. I heard voices in the background but I couldn't focus on what they were saying. Everything was so hazy. Nothing seemed right, it felt like the world froze for this moment. I felt my heartbeat sink low. I tried counting it but it was too hard to focus on numbers.

Then the angel appeared again. I tried to reach to her. Her bright white halo and her long beautiful feathered wings shined in my eyes. I felt a touch on my chest, it was warm and gentle. She looked down at me and smiled. It was like a smile I've never seen before. No one had it but this angel. She was perfect in every aspect.

Then the worse words came out of her mouth. Like they were poisoned by the devil himself. But she looked so pure and innocent. The words made it seem like the devil took over her body just to play with me. The one thing I wanted most at the time and I was told no. It wasn't my angel speaking to me, it was the devil who told her to say no. "It's not your time child." I felt a kiss on my forehead then she was gone. The gurney took me behind two grey doors. I felt my heartbeat beginning to go back to normal then a prick on my right arm where the vain is. I knew I wouldn't get my wish today or any time soon.

---

This update was for @nayavengeance_

Tell me what you think!

~XOXO~