Chapter Forty-One

Neil

I paced back and forth most of the time. I was so anxious that I couldn't control myself. I held the gun in my hand and gripped tightly. I couldn't control my anger. I saw Josh's vest resting on the counter. How could he do this to me? How could she do this to me?! My veins boiled. Just as I was walking up to his vest my phone rang in my pocket.

"Yeah?" I grunt.

"Are you busy tonight? I thought we could go to the shooting range?" I scratch my temple with the gun that I still was gripping tight.

"Rose, I thought you had to take care of your dad?" I heard her soft giggle through the phone.

"I do but my brother stays with him at night while I take care of him during the day. Speaking of my brother, he owns the shooting range so I get in for free." I sigh before I hear car doors shut. Fuck, their back.

"Baby, imma have to rain check you on that one, okay? I got business to take care of tonight." I tried to rush her off the phone.

"Well, I don't think you are grasping at what I am saying, Westfall. So, I will say this out right. I miss you fucking me senselessly." I nearly chocked on my own spit. I heard the door turn as the keys were already inserted.

"I gotta text you, kitten." I heard her pout before hanging up the phone. I hurried and put my phone in my packet. That is when I realized I was still holding the gun. Fuck! I pulled my shirt up and tucked it in my waste band in the front since I already had a gun in the back of me.

"Neil.." Kat walked in and held her hand behind her back. I could see little feet behind her. I almost lost my breathe just by seeing his feet. "He's very shy, don't push him to speak. Trevor couldn't even get him to talk in the car." I nod. She proceeded to get closer until she was directly in front of me. I could smell her scent.

Kat slowly stepped aside and I was in full vision of my son. He looked exactly like me, picture for picture. I crouched down in front of him. I smiled softly at him as we made eye contact.

"I'm Neil, I'm your-"

Kat cut me off, "He's gonna be your new friend." I look up at her in disbelief.

"What's your name buddy?" I gently straightened his dinosaur shirt as he just watched my every move. But he still didn't say anything to me.

"His name is Jackson." She whispered. I was out of words once her soft voice spoke. I tried to go day to day forgetting what I caused with my little brother, and now I have a son named Jackson. I stood up and cupped my mouth while I was trying to hold in tears.

My hands drop to my waist "Well, fuck." I whisper.

"Neil!" Kat shrieked at me.

"You said a bad word." We all looked down at Jackson, shocked.

I nod, "Yeah, I did. I-I'm sorry Jack-" A knot in my throat formed as I tried to say his name. I couldn't believe everything this bitch did.

"I'm gonna go start dinner, okay?" Kat smiled down at the boy and ran her fingers through his hair. He nodded her off and kept still.

Before she could a muscle, I stepped in front of her. She looked up at my with confusion.

"Phone." I held my hand out.

"Really?" She huffed at me. Second go by with nothing else said. She rolled her eyes and pulled the phone out of her back packet. Her eyes were puffy and a little red as if she was crying more while she was gone. I never thought it would be like this.

"Go," I took her phone and put it the opposite pocket of where I had my phone.

As my hands landed on my waist, I looked up at Trevor and had his arms crossed. He shrugged at me with a blank expression.

"Jackson, wanna play a game?" Trevor asked and walked to the couch. The boy placed his backpack on the floor and followed him.

"I want to color." The boy stated to him and Trevor nodded. I watched as the boy passed me and headed to his room.