Chapter Forty-Nine

Neil

Three months has past since Jackson found out I was his dad. Josh moved back into the house and I went back to the rental. Josh was iffy on this agreement Kat and I had. He definitely didn't agree on telling Jackson I was his dad but that wasn't up to him. Kat eventually told him about the night her and I shared. He didn't run from her. Once I found out she told him and he didn't leave her, I knew they had to be meant for one another. It took me some time to adjust to the situation but Kat was very forgiving with me. It's not that I wanted to be with her, it was the fact that Jackson would still call him dad and call me Neil. I know I couldn't be mad. Kat and I grew very close to each other after we aired all of our business on the table. We could coparent and be friends at the same time.

Jesse was furious with me that I backed out of the deal. I had to show my dominance towards him as if I was a wolf. I threaten to send him back to the reservation or kill him if he tried anything towards Kat. Trevor was healed perfectly fine. He constantly asked to go back to his pregnant wife but I told him, I needed him. I didn't want to risk him leaving and something happen once he was gone.

Rose and I spend most of our time together. Dates, late nights, and getting to know each other better. The more and more we talk, the more I grew to like her. We never put a title on us and that is what I liked. I hated when women would rush or nag about the status of the relationship. Rose was laid back and that's what I needed right now. She never judged or was afraid of me. Then again, she probably was used to this life as Austin was her brother. She told me that he was out of town and that's why it was so quiet around town. Nothing happened unless he made it happen.

"Hey, what are you up to today?" I walk into the kitchen while she was making lunch. It was Saturday so Jackson didn't have school today. Him an I had just recently came back from the arcade.

"Nothing planned this weekend actually. I appreciate you taking him out today, he has been begging to go to the arcade all week." She laughs and turns to me.

"Well, I was thinking.."

"Oh god. Nothing good happens when you think." She sarcastically jokes as she dries her hands off.

"No, come on. This idea, I think will actually be good." I lean against the counter while she waits patiently for my answer. "Hear me out. I think I'm ready for everyone to meet Rose. I've told her so much about you and Jackson. She has grown impatient to the point she is begging to meet you guys."

Kat's face became so excited, I thought she was going to pass out. "Are you kidding me! Yes! Why don't you call her up and invite her to a cook out. Josh an I will grill out! We already have everything we need, I just went shopping this morning!"

"Yeah?" I smile up at her. She nodded uncontrollably. "Okay, I'll call her now." I pulled my phone out and clicked on her name.

"Hey, you." She said subtle as she answered.

"Women, how would you like to come over tonight to meet everyone? We can grill-"

I was cut off by her screaming, "baby! Yes, I would love too!" I smile as I knew how cute she was when she got excited.

"Alright, you wanna come around 5pm?"

"I just have one request." She blurted out before agreeing officially.

"Yeah, I told you, girl; I'd do anything you asked me too." Kat awed in the background and I waved her off.

"I want to bring Austin. He got back the other night and he has a girlfriend. She's has a son a year older than Jackson. I just want you guys to try and get along." She begged.

"I don't got a problem with him," I lied through my teeth. "He's just mad I'm sleeping with her sister." She laughs at my comment.

"Okay, I'll see you at 5pm." We hung up and I laid my phone on the counter. Kat was just smiling at me while crossing her arms.

"What?" I ask annoyed. I knew she was going to ask me more questions.

"You better be using protection. Don't want another kid running around, old man." I rub my temple.

"Do you just like picking on me? Is that it?" She laughed but was cut off when Josh walked in.

"What's going on in here?" He asked with a smile on his face. She pulled him in for a kiss.

"We are gonna grill out for Neil's girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend but her brother and his girlfriend are coming to. She's got a kid around Jackson's age though." I stated.

"Awesome," he smiled at us. "I'll prep the meat."

I left the kitchen to check on Jackson. He was sitting in the living room, eating goldfish and watching his cartoons. I smile as I sit next to him.

"Whatcha watching?" I nudge him a little.

He giggled, "Ben 10! The best show ever." I nod and sit there watching it with him.

After awhile I started to head back into the kitchen to get a juice for Jackson since he asked me too. Before I stepped in I could hear Josh and Kat talking.

"Are you sure you want all these types of people around Jackson?" Josh spoke softly. I knew he didn't want me to hear them.

"What do you mean by these type of people?" Kat asked.

"You know what I mean,"

"No I don't. If you don't recall, you were one of those people, Josh." He smacks his lips.

"Kat, do you know what happens when Jackson is of age?" She giggled lightly. "This isn't a joke. Neil is gonna pass the legacy to Jackson. Do you really want that for our son?"

She sighs before responding, "Neil can't force him to do anything he doesn't want."

"You don't know what it's like to be a kid who's dad is in a club. There is no getting out. I know that feeling."

"But you did get out, Josh."

"No, I didn't. I got a break. There's a difference. I don't want Jackson exposed to this life style. You have to make a decision before it's too late."