Chapter Thirty-Seven

Neil

"What took you guys so long and why did you buy so many guns?" Trevor asked once we were getting back in the car. Jesse passed a couple bags to the guys in the back so they can tuck it under the seats. They did so as I heard shuffling.

"Shut up." I whispered while trying to focus. What was I doing? Fuck. "Tyler, I need a favor." I turned to face him as he looked like a deer in the headlights. "Let Jesse use your car for today. I told you that I would have you back before your show tonight. I meant it." He didn't say anything but sigh and nod in agreement.

~~~
Kat

I woke up with a killer headache. I flop over just to see that I was alone in bed. Josh must have already left for work, I didn't even know what time it was. I finally manage to kick myself out of bed after a few minutes had passed. I don't know why my body was forcing me to stay. I just felt like I was going to have such a bad day today.

I walk into the kitchen just to find a note laying on the table, 'morning babe, I hope you have a good day. I set up the coffee so you don't have much to do. I love you, see you for dinner.' I smile as I make my way to the coffee maker. As that was getting started, I went back in got dressed, I wore a pair of blue jeans and a plain black Nike sweatshirt, it was actually Josh's. I kept my hair up in a messy bun since I didn't work today and put barely any makeup on. I wanted to relax after I dropped Jackson off at school today.

"Jackson, come on. It's time to get up." I approach his bed and saw him shift around. He struggled to get up. "Come on. We can't be late today. I have your clothes on the dresser." He let out a small pout and stood. I smiled at how big he was getting.

"I'm not hungry though. Please don't make me eat." My smile faded and watched him.

"You gotta eat something small baby, you'll understand why we make you when you are older." I kiss him on the head before going back to the kitchen to put my coffee in a Yankee cup.

Soon enough, Jackson back out and was all dressed. I handed him a granola bar, hoping he was at least try to eat it without me begging him. It never worked out that way. It was unfortunate but it had to be done. As a parent, I didn't want anything to happen to such a pure soul.

"Come on, eat it and we can have whatever you want for dinner."  A huge smile crept from corner to corner. I knew what he would pick so after I dropped him off at school, I would go to the store.

~~~

I dropped Jackson off at school, I decided to get myself breakfast with my friend Kathy. We were incredibly close. She was in my therapy class for traumatic events. She encouraged me to try to move on from my past and it worked. Everything that happened years ago, was behind me. Only Josh was from my past but he was different. I grew to love him, heart and soul.

I snapped out of my thoughts what she asked for my attention with a question, "So when do you think Josh is gonna ask you?" I looked up from my French toast and burrowed my eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?"

She giggled, "Oh, come on! I've seen the way he looks at you when we all get together. I've known you for what? Four, going on five years now? You don't think he will ask? I mean, you guys are trying to have a baby still, right?" She raised an eyebrow. I just nod in response.

"We have never done anything traditionally. I really don't think he is gonna ask. I wouldn't even know what to say if he did." I shrug and took another bit.

"Have you taken any test lately?" I shook my head no. She knew to drop it. Josh and I have been trying to a baby for months, nothing yet.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom before we pay. I'll be right back." She nodded as she finished her breakfast sandwich.

After a couple minutes in the bathroom, I step out. I walked around the bar to head out back to the seating area in the patio. I felt a pair of eyes peering through me. Before I opened the door to head out back to Kathy, I looked over my shoulder to see a man sitting at the bar alone. His structure was similar to Josh. His hoodie was black and his jeans were torn. He wasn't looking at me which let me get a longer look at him.

"Hey girl, I'm gonna head to the gym to work off this big breakfast." We giggle as I lay enough money down for the both of us. She stood up and hugged me tight. It was so out of the blue.

"Call me if you need anything, or even to talk about the baby situation." I nod and give her a small hug before heading to my car.

All day, I felt eyes on my at all times. It was a little past two o'clock after I finished getting the ingredients for dinner. I noticed I had to stop to get gas. I roll my eyes knowing I just wanted to get home and shower. As I was pumping my gas, I had a feeling again. I turn around slowly as if I was looking at something in my locked car before I saw this man again. He was on the phone, smoking a cigarette just leaning up against his car. It was like... He wanted me to know he was watching me. It felt like I just got punched in the stomach. I quickly finished pumping my gas before I jumped into my car and drove off.

I tried calling Josh, I knew he was at work but come on

I tried calling Josh, I knew he was at work but come on. Please, answer! The first two times I called, his phone rang twice before going to voicemail. After the two first calls, it was going straight to voicemail. What is happening right now.

I took a different direction home, knowing he was probably following me but as I would check in my mirrors, I couldn't see him anywhere. I pull into my drive way, no car. He must have been in a meeting. Maybe, I am overreacting.

I left my bags in the car from the store and hurried inside. Luckily, I had no cold items in the bags. I walk around our house to the back door. It was quiet and it was causing my heart to pound. The second I inserted my key into the lock, I hear muffled screaming coming from inside. I stepped back to run back to the car but I stepped into the man that has been following me all day.

"Where you goin' baby?"