Chapter Forty- Three

We approached Posty Gun Shop since we couldn't go to the hospital. Trevor tied his flannel around his thigh, right above where the bullet was. Jesse kept checking on him as he would grunt and hiss when the car went over bumps or potholes. Not many people were in the parking lot which was good since we had someone shot in my car.

"Listen, Imma run in and check what connects he has. I'll be right back." Jesse nods as  I exit the car.

I enter the gun shop with a new guy behind the counter and he scanned me up and down. I walked up to him, checked to see if anyone was close enough to hear our conversation.

"What's up, bro?"

"I need to talk to Austin Post."

"He ain't here, man. You can come back later." There was something about this man. His vibe was off and I could feel his lie as he spit it out. His curls bounced up and down as he walked further down the counter. I followed him.

"This ain't a joke. I need to see him now." I raised both eyebrows.

"What do you not understand, he is not here." He took the toothpick out of his mouth and leaned over the counter in front of me. His eyes were glued on me as if he was trying to convince himself more than me. I was sick and tired of this dude.

I walked down the opposite side of the counter, I jogged as I knew he would chase after. I went down the hallway as I heard him following me. As before, I went to the furthest door on the left. I barged in his office and stopped in the doorway. Austin was sitting at his desk with his head back. Some girl was on her knees sucking his dick. That's probably why the guy was telling me he wasn't here.

"What the fuck is this?!" He looked at me. The guy from the front counter tried grabbing my arm but I shoved him off. Austin adjusted himself back into his pants as he pushed the girl off him.

"I tried to tell him  you weren't here. He just ran past. Come on, dude."

Austin put his hand up to the one on her knees, "Get out of here." He spoke to the women. She wiped her mouth as she was walking past the two of us in the doorway. "What can I do for y0u, Neil?"

"You got connections," I stated.

"How you know this bitch ass punk?" The guy behind me said to Austin.

"Who you calling bitch?" I faced him as I pulled my gun out.

"Woah, come on

"Woah, come on. Put that shit away. We are all grown men. Harlow, leave." Jack puckered up his lips at me before leaving us. I roll my eyes at him. I put my gun away and walk into his office. "What kind of connections we talkin about?" Austin pulled out a cigarette, placed it between his lips and lit it.

"One of my guys just got shot,"

"How's that my problem?"

"It was from someone sending us a message to pass along to you." He tilted his head waiting for me to continue. "They said that you need to give 'em their money you owe. Otherwise, the next time we won't have the ability to tell you. In the process of this message, they shot my brother. Therefore, this become your problem from the jump." He nodded and walked up to me.

"Bring him around back and I'll call my doc. I apologize for this.. inconvenience." He shrugged. "For the next time,"

I shook my head, "There better not be a next time. My crew is back home and I don't want to have to call em up." Austin smirked. His blue eyes shot up at me.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want a war start over stupid stunts, huh?" He took a drag on his cigarette. "Bring your brother in the back, it's open. There is an open bedroom back there. I will call the doc and she will be here shortly."

~~~

"Where the fuck is the doctor?" Jesse growled as we have been waiting over an hour in the back bedroom. "He's lost a lot of blood." I nod, agreeing to his statement. I just didn't want to startle Trevor as he was pale and sweating nonstop. I really hope it didn't hit a nerve.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the door swung open. Austin came in with a couple bulk baggages. I looked behind him to see if the doctor was following him. Nothing.

"Chill, she's coming." He was starting to set up the station the doctor would need. He pulled out gauze, needles, and an IV pack. I wait patiently before the door swung open again. I look up at her, surprised.

"Rose?" I knit my eyebrows. "You're the doctor?"

"How do you guys know each other?" Austin crossed his arms and narrowed his eyebrows.

"Okay, now is not the time boys

"Okay, now is not the time boys. We can talk after. Austin set up the IV, I'll give him the injection." She picked up the needle and head to Trevor.

"I thought you were a nurse?" I smirk down at her with my arms on my hips.

"I know a little more than just nursing around." She winked at me before she started her process.

Forty-five minutes later, Trevor was stable and the bullet was taken out. He was all taken care of. Austin and Jesse were out of the room smoking, as if they did everything themself. Rose's back is turned away from me as she was cleaning up all her supplies.

"So, doctor.." I slowly approach her from behind. I could feel her smile. "You get paid under the table?" She giggled and turned around to face me.

"Austin is my brother."

"So, you do it for free?"

"Oh, no. I still make him pay me." Our laughs intertwine with each other's. "So, you're the criminal he's helping?"

I smirk softly, "I'm sorry to break it to you but I am not the only criminal." She nodded.

"I'm aware of what my brother does. I mean for starters, he owns a gun shop. I thought you were a business man, hm?"

"I've done business with your brother. Very strange man."

"You're telling me."