Chapter Twenty-Two

"Next!" The airport attendant called out for me. I stepped forward and took off anything that would set off the metal detector. I walked through and the first thing that happened; BEEP BEEP BEEP! I stepped to the side to spread out my arms and legs. As this was going on Jesse put everything he had in the basket and walked through without a problem.

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The airport attendant dug in the front pocket of my jeans and pulled out a ring I had forgotten to put in the basket. Jesse walked up to us and scanned the attendant up and down.

"Want to do a full body check on me sweet checks?" He gave her a smirk and she blushed.

"If you would like me too." She giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Alright baby. Wanna go somewhere more private?" He bit his lip scanning her again.

"Maybe another time darling." I grab his arm and yank him toward the chairs. "We don't have time for that Jesse."

"Calm down. She was at least a 4. I wasn't really going to do anything. I can get a better looking one." There he goes talking about women like their items and sexy toys and not like actual people.

"This is going to be a long plane ride." I scratch my beard and wait to get on the plane.

When we got on the plane Jesse tried making conversation but I made it clear I wasn't going to fake being his friend nor partner. This was a flight where I would relax and try to get as much sleep as I could. Ever since I got out of prison I couldn't get a good nights rest. Hell, even in prison I couldn't get a good nights rest. It was irritating but I moved on in life. I closed my eyes and started to relax. I took deep breaths in and out to help. It worked. Before I knew it I was fast asleep.

"Oh, Neil. Mmm baby, right there."

"You like it like that baby?" Her voice kept getting louder as I continued to thrust. It felt so tight around me I couldn't help but let out a deep moan. I dug my face in her neck, I kissed her soft silky skin. It felt so nice rubbing against mine. I felt so much love for her in this moment.

I lifted my head and my face dropped. I started strangling her with my two bare hands. I look down at our bodies and we were fully clothed. She was gasping for air and trying to push me off. As hard as I tried to remove my hands I couldn't. Her face started to turn a blue color. Gasping and gasping for air. I couldn't help her in anyway. Before I knew it she stopped breathing. Even when I knew she wasn't alive anymore, I wouldn't stop what I was doing.

"Daddy? What did you do to mommy?"

Before I was about to turn around I was shoved on the shoulder. My eyes spring open in shock. My forehead was dripping in sweat. My heartbeat was pounding.

"You okay man? The plane has landed. I had to put your seat belt on myself. I really couldn't get you to wake up until now." I look around and see everyone else off the plane and the flight attendants standing by the exit waiting on us. I rub my eyes and rub the sweat away. I couldn't believe my dream. Did I love Kat or did I want to hurt her? I couldn't get my thoughts to stop thinking about that for the rest of the time to our hotel. I figured I would show up at night at Trevor's. I know he has another job. How else would he support his family? I always loved how hard he worked for his family.

"I think I'm going to stay here. Rest in an actual bed, you know? And look man. I might be an asshole but I'm not leaving. I need to know how this one ends. Plus I can't wait to see her. I can't wait to do things to her." He gave a psychotic smirk and I, at that time, I knew I could see the devil in him.

"Alright." He laughed a little and went into the bathroom. I got ready to see Trevor. I grabbed my pocket knife and my wallet. I took a second to think of how this is going to go. I honestly have no clue, I didn't know what to do, how to act, what to say. He had a son. An old lady. A family.

"Fuck it. I'm just going to wing it." I left and headed to Trevor's. It was about 20 minutes away.

"Business or family?"

I look up at my lyft driver and narrow my eyebrows, "what?"

"Are you here for business reasons or do you have family here?" I thought about that question before I answered. Should I consider Trevor family? He left the club. Earlier he was going to die.

"Both, I guess"

"How is that?" He quickly responded.

"He was family. But now it's just business."

"Was?"

"Yeah. He decided to turn his back on his family when things turned to the worst. I do have to admit, I could've not done what I did. But re-" I cut myself off. "Never-mind." My lyft driver didn't even know who I was.  Was a killer and this dude drove a car for a living. 

Before I knew it I was standing in front of Trevor's house just a looking at it. It was beautiful. The front of his house had a small pond, flowers leading up to the front porch, and a small wooden fence for his son. His mailbox had a painting of Mickey Mouse and on the pathway they had chalk drawings and sayings. It read 'mommy and daddy's house this way.' Another one said, 'Noah is the coolest little dude!' I gave a small smile. This didn't make my decision easy.

I picked up my feet, they felt so heavy. My body felt like it weighed a 1000 pounds. My insides started to turn and I started to lose control of my breathing. Was I really going to do this? Trevor was like a brother to me.

I stepped to the porch and looked down at the ground to my right. They had a bench and a couple of Noah's outside toys. My hands were sweaty as I reach to knock. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode.

Knock knock knock. Three times. Three knocks it took before someone answered and I stopped breathing when the door flung open.