Chapter Three

Trevor

Once I got the call that Kat was in the hospital I rushed over there. I stopped everything I was doing to drive 45 minutes for Kat. She stopped her life to stay by my side when I was in the hospital so it was now my turn. She asked me if I wanted to be her emergency contact if anything happened to her and I happily said that would be okay. Because of that I got worried something would happen to her so my family and I moved anywhere she wanted to move. She picked to stay with her brother and told us she didn't want to bother our family. We always told her she wasn't a burden at all. She never believed us. My soon to be wife was okay with that cause she knew everything that happened in the past and was grateful someone as lovely as Kat was there to help me when she couldn't. Honestly she loved Kat. We all did. Including my son Noah who called her auntie. 

I had no idea Kat was pregnant. I saw her at least once a month but talked to her everyday. It was hard for me to drive 45 minutes whenever I wanted to see her because of my job and family. I couldn't find a place closer sadly. But we both were okay with that. I just couldn't believe she was pregnant and did not tell me. I told her everything that was going on. She's involved with the wedding and she a big part of my family now.

I quickly pull up and ran into the building. I ask where she would be and I was told the 7th floor? That was the labor area. Does that mean she's having her baby now? I ran the whole way. I run up to a desk and breath heavily.

"May I help you?" A young women looked at me in confusion. "Oh, you must be Mr. Collins. Your wife is down the hall, room 36." I shook my head.

All I could breath was, "T-Trevor.." She still was confused some how. I smack my hand on my forehead. "Kat Mckinnion.. Where is she?" The women turned white, then bit her lip. "Where is she." I asked more sternly.

"You're Trevor?" I turn around to see this old lady standing there. I nod. "She's in surgery sweetheart." I tear up a little, I never shed a tear though.

"Will she be okay?"

"I don't know yet." She held her hand out to shake mine. "I'm Ida." I shook her hand for a split second then went to go sit down. Ida sat next to me. "She told me a lot about you. She never told me how handsome you are though." I couldn't even smile or respond to thank her. I started bouncing my leg up in down at a fast pace. She placed her small hand on my lap. "It'll be okay, I promise." I just nod.

I remember she had a brother. "Where's Jeremy." Ida gave a laugh. I knitted my eyebrows together questioning her.

"He wasn't called."

"Well, why not? He deserves to know what's going on with his sister." She gave me a sweet smile and tapped my knee.

"She told me to call you if anything every happened to her. I did my job. I told the hospital to call you. She told me never to call her brother unless she's.."

"Stop. It's wrong not to call her brother." I couldn't believe Kat said such a thing. I knew she loved her brother more then anything in the whole world. I honestly don't know if she even said that. This could be just some crazy lady for all I know.

"I told her I would never call her brother like she asked. You didn't tell her that." I knew she was hinting off to tell me to call him. She handed me Kat's phone and smiled softly. Her smile was so sweet, comforting.

I walk away going through her phone. She didn't have a password so I could find her brothers number easier. I take a deep breath before hitting the call button.

Straight to voicemail. I roll my eyes. "Hey, this is Trevor. We've met once or twice before..Uh.." I give small laugh. I didn't even know why. "I don't know how to say this but your sister, Kat, she's in the hospital. I don't know the story behind it but she is in surgery right now. Something is wrong with the pregnancy I'm guessing. So call back man. This is your sister I'm talking about. Why aren't you picking up the phone. I suggest having it on all the time. You know, just in case something like this happens again." I hang up the phone before I say something even worse. I started getting pissed off at Jeremy for not being here. He should have been. He should've been there before anyone of us were.

I walk back to Ida where she was talking to a doctor. I jog over there. "Hey, what's going on?"

"She just got out of surgery. She's stable for now." I didn't understand. He didn't say one thing about the child.

"What about the baby?" Nothing was said. "Well?!" I raised my voice a little too loud. Many people looked at me.

"It's alive, for know. We don't know if we can save it so right now we're waiting to see if anything will happen. At this point it's about whether the little man is strong enough to survive." Ida looked surprised but all I could focus on was the sex of the baby.

"When can we see her?" Ida's voice was just quiet. It sounded weak.

"In about in hour. I'm sorry." He walks away leaving us to be. Nothing else was said after that conversation.

---

Please vote and comment what you guys think! What do you guys think what will happen next?!

~XOXO~