Chapter Five

Someone barges through the door and shocks us both. We didn't see it coming. Kat whimpers in pain from the surgery. She couldn't really move without being in pain.

"Kat.. Oh my god.." Jeremy run up to her and hugs her tight. She shoves him off of her fast. I stand there awkwardly. "What the fuck."

"Don't what the fuck me, Jeremy! This is your fault." I take action right away. I put my fore arm up on his neck and push him up against the wall.

"Get the hell off me!"

"You did this to her?! You know what me and my people do to assholes who disrespect women like this? We eat you alive, make you feel more pain. " He just looks at my furious eyes in confusion.

"Who is this? Who are you friends with Kat?"

"Trevor get off of him! I didn't mean it the way it sounded. Please Trevor." I push harder down on his neck before letting go. He coughed a little rubbing his neck. I gave a small smirk because I knew it could've been a lot worse for him if I tried harder then what I did. "Jeremy, what are you doing here."

"Some guy named Trevor called me telling me you were here. I came as soon as I turned my phone on. The guy was a dick." I eye balled him.

"I'm that dick." His face turned white from being embarrassed.

"I didn't mean it that way-"

"Just don't." I growl at him.

"Jeremy, people broke into the house asking for you..They had a gun to my head. It's because of the drugs, isn't it?" She cried in her hospital bed and I think I lost it.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. I just cared for Kat like a sister. I felt like more of a brother then Jeremy honestly.

"The fuck is wrong with you?!!" I yell and swing my fists at him. I hit him twice stopping myself there. I knew Kat would freak out of I hit him more. But she didn't make one noise once I hit him. He fell to the ground.

"Drugs? You think you're a fucking thug now? What happened to the music you were so into when you left Kat all alone? She had no family! You aren't a brother! I would have never done that! I know what the drug life is like Jeremy. I am a thug where I come from. Kat would know. I've touch guns, handled them, shot them. I've touched, handled, and used drugs myself. You might have just thought my biker club was just a club, we were thugs and  we are criminals. You fucking think you come from the streets? Try to take me on, you won't. Not because I think I'm some cocky big shot like you. But because I was born and raised on the streets. Fucking snap out of it! Just like I told Kat today, grow up! You're pathetic! How could you let this happen to your own sister?!" Nothing was said. I started to breath slower and slower until I calmed down. No women should be treated the way Kat was being treated.

Jeremy walked out. That was it for him. He either couldn't handle the truth or he was just to big of a baby and I hurt his feelings. I look over at Kat a little embarrassed but she smiled at me. "Thank you Trevor.." I walk over to her and kiss her on the forehead.

"I will always protect you Kat. Even if I wasn't involved in the club. You're family." She squeezed my arm and I frown a little. "Is that really what happened?" She just nods. More tears fall down her face.

"I think I going to go, you need to rest and this stress isn't good for the baby. Just rest Kat. I love you." I kiss her forehead once more and leave without another word.

Once I get into the waiting room Ida stands straight up looking terribly worried. I smile at her so she knows Kat will be okay. I try not to say one word and just walk out but my arm was tugged on.

"Is she-" Did she not get my signal or something?

"She's okay for now. I would just let her rest for an hour or two before seeing her. Jeremy stressed her out a lot. I got to go Ida. It was nice meeting you." I hug the short lady gently and finally walk away.

"You too sweetheart." 

I walk out of the building starting to relax. I pull out my pack of cigs, then a singular one. I put the stick between my lips and balance it there while I get my lighter out of my front pocket.

"Sir, you can not smoke right here." I look next to me to see a average sized women holding a clipboard. I roll my eyes. I light up the cigarette and walk away. I pull out my phone and call my soon to be wife. I wanted to hear her voice so badly. Around this time she would be getting home from picking up Noah at school. Noah would run over to me  while I stand outside on the porch. We'd play for a few hours then I would make my beautiful girlfriend and son dinner. After that give Noah a bath and put him to bed. Once he was in bed I would lay on the couch cuddling, watching a movie.

"Hello," Her voice was soft and smooth.

"Hey baby. I don't know if I'm going to be home tonight. I guess it all depends on how well she's doing in a few hours. I just wanted to check in on you two." I could feel her smile through the phone.

"We're great. How are you. You sound tired Trevor."

I loved how much she cared for me, "I'll be okay. Did you pick up Noah yet?"

"Yes, he's in the backseat. Here Noah, talk to daddy."  I could hear him getting excited which brought a smile to my face.

"Hi!"

"Hey little man! Daddy might not make it home tonight, okay?"

"No!!" My smile fades a little.

"I know buddy. But mommy will give you extra kisses before bed. And I promise I will be home to give you bed time kisses tomorrow night." He started getting fussy. "Noah, calm down. I promise. Okay?"

"Okay.." I felt him pouting.

"I love you Noah. Tell mommy I love her too."

"I love you daddy." With that my son and I hang up the phone.