Chapter Thirty-Two

We boarded the plane and took our seats. It'll take hours to get to where I wanna be. I was sitting next to Trevor in the plane. It was quiet for about an hour before he broke the silence.

"Why did you do it?" I looked at him but he kept his eyes closed.

"What are you talking about?"

"Jessie." I sigh.

"That's none of your business." He looked me dead in the eye.

"You know what he'll do, Neil. And there is nothing you can do to stop it. Putting Kat and her child in the middle of it... those are more targets he'll get his hands on."

I growl, "That's my child too."

"You think you're fit to be a father?"

"Are you?" I raise one eye brown. He chuckled a little. "What's so funny?"

"There are times where I think I'm not. But nothing in this world is as great as being a dad."

"Would you do what I did?" He glared down at this wedding band.

"Let's just say, I would do anything to be with my family. I would do anything to find them." It went back to silence. I sat there and thought about what Trevor said. He supported the idea of what I was doing but he didn't support the way I was doing it?

I sat closest to the isle. The random stranger that sat across from me got up, I watched them walk to the back of the plane and get into the bathroom,  the woman had a pretty nice ass. It was hard not to look. Once my attention was brought back to where my body was, I heard a giggle come from the other side of the isle. I look up and see Rose sitting by the window. I stood up and decided to sit next to Rose. I could smell her perfume. It reminded me of the nights we spent together.

"I saw what you did." She gave me a smirk.

"What did I do? Hm?" I questioned in a deep voice. Our eyes met and we both let out a small laugh together. "I guess, I didn't hide that well. I'll try better next time." She bit her lip. 

"So, business man. What are you going to be doing after the flight?" I clear my throat.

"Um, well..." I honestly wasn't sure what to do first. Should I just pull up to see Kat or approach her in the store, gas station, restaurant? "I think I have a meeting?" 

"Is that question or statement?" We just starred at each other for a moment. "Well, I will be going to check on my dad and then I will be getting my drink on at his bar. You are welcome to join." She started to turn pink.

Rose and I spent most of the flight talking and it was pretty great. I learned all about her family. she definitely is a family person. I actually started to like her as a person and that doesn't usually happen with me. It's always a hit it and quit it type of thing.

~~~

The flight landed and we were all getting off. I saw Trevor and Jesse pass by and I look at Rose. She knew what this meant as did I.

"I enjoyed getting to you know a little more, business man. Maybe I'll see you at the bar." She wrote down the address of her dad's bar and handed me the piece of paper. I took it out of her hand and glared at her. She was bitting her lip again, it drove me insane. I placed my hand on her cheek and leaned in. Our lips brushed against one another and the memory of our nights rushed back to me.  I pulled away and looked down at my lap. 

"I'm sorry." I stood up and started walking away but I felt my arm pulled on.  "What's wrong?" Rose smiled up at me and kissed me again. We started making out right there on the plane. Her lips were so soft and she smelled so good. She let out a tiny moan.

"Excuse me." We pulled away. I saw a flight attendant waiting on us to get off. I nodded and signaled her away.

I looked down at Rose, let out a small smirk and gave her a peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later, nurse." And that was it.  I walked away from her not knowing if I would actually see her again. At least we had a good time together.

"What took so long, man? Was it that girl from that the other night? The one with the nice rack and big booty?"  I walk up to Jesse and Trevor. Jesse was eating a bag of chips and smirking. I shook my head and chuckle.

"Let's go," I pull my phone out and take it off airplane mode. I noticed a whole bunch of texts from the boys at the clubhouse.  I did not even bother checking what they all said. "I'll get the rental by myself so they don't think we're together. Then we will figure it out from there." Jesse nodded as he continued eating, Trevor was texting and I assume to his wife. I do feel bad I took him away once again but it was for his own good. I didn't give him a choice. I didn't want to kill him.

"Standard or SUV?" The lady behind the counter asked as I was on my phone.

I handed her my fake ID because of course they do not let criminals rent cars. "SUV." it took several minutes to complete the process and I rolled my eyes in stress by the time it was over. I headed outside, I look down at the keys and hit the panic button to see where the car. was located at. It was a nice SUV, beautiful actually. It was a Cadillac Escalade with tented windows. This was perfect for tailing.

I pulled up to the guys who were waiting at the entrance of the airport. I couldn't wait for all this hell to be over. I just wanted to be able to have my kid. All to myself.

"Y'all, I'm starved." Jesse whined in the passengers seat.

"You just ate." Trevor stated. 

"Well.  I've been a prisoner for more than ten years. You try eating Native American meals three times a day. The same shit over and over. There is so much I haven't had since. I'm feeling Chinese."

"I don't care what you eat as long as you find her."

~~~

Hours have passed as we finally settled in to our Airbnb. We did end up getting Chinese food; orange chicken, general tso chicken, and sesame chicken,  white and brown rice, noddles and egg rolls along with dumplings. I slowly ate in silence in my room.  I did not want to be bothered.  But of course that didn't end up happening, Jesse came running into my room in his boxers.

"Have you seen this show before?!"  He ran to the remote that was on my nightstand and flipped the tv on. It landed one NBC, "It's called superstore and it is the funniest shit I have ever seen!"

"You do realize I just got out of prison recently myself, right?" Jesse just gave me a blank stare and shrugged his shoulders. He tossed me the remote.

"Listen man, stop being so tense.  I can see you. Watch this show and ease up.  Don't worry, we will find that love of yours." And with that he left. I did end up watching the show he put on for me and laughed a little. Jesse was right, it was a funny show.

After I was done eating I looked at my plate, there was a fortune cookie left. I never liked eating those damn cookies, they were always so stale.  I jump a little from a knock at my door. I roll my eyes thinking it was Jesse again coming to annoy me, I was wrong it was. Trevor.

"Hey man,"  he slowly made his way into my room.  "Just wanted to talk." 

"Listen, you aren't going anywhere. This has to be done. With you." He pulled the desk chair up in front of me while I was at the edge of the bed.

"I know what will happen if I ran again and I am not going to put my family in that type of danger if it is not nessasary. I just wanted to know.. what's your plan here man? I mean.." He cupped his hands together and waited for a response.

I just look back at the cookie on my plate. "You know, I remember taking my little brother for take out when he would call me. Our parents fought all the time and I tried to get him out of there as much as possible."

Trevor sighed, "I remember."

"And when it got to the point to eat the cookie, he would tell me, 'don't forget to open yours, they are always right. " I let a small chuckle thinking about those times. "I knew it was just a kid thing to think. But those moments are just what I miss."

"What's it say?" Trevor crossed his arms and leaned back. I hesitated to open the cookie.

I cracked it open, read it and looked up at Trevor.