Chapter Fifty-Two

I went to her. I went to Rose and comforted her after finding out her dad had passed. I knew how it felt to lose someone as close as that. I didn't want to her be alone, she would've done something she probably would regret. I know I did. I took care of her while cried in my arms. She was alone in the house, she told me she hasn't heard from Austin after she told him what had happened. That dick bag left his only sister all alone in the house their father passed away in.

"Will you come to the funeral with me please?" She wiped her tears and looked up at me. I just stared down at her with a blank expression. "Please, Neil. I never ask for anything from you. Austin has a different way of expressing his feelings and I need someone, p-please," Her tears started to form again in her eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'll go. I'm here for you, baby." I pulled her in for a tight hug as she cried more.

~~~

I never once saw Austin make an appearance at funeral, I could see Rose was hurting. It only angered me more knowing his ass had something better to do than to be at his dad's wake. I never knew her father but from what everyone said, he sounded like a very humble man. I would've liked to meet him, I should've when I had the chance. That didn't matter now, what mattered was Rose. I truly believe this was the woman I wanted by my side. After everything we have been through in the last couple of months. I just knew.

After the funeral, I drove Rose back to her dad's house that was left to her. She couldn't stop crying on the way. I held her hand, I didn't speak once on the drive. I knew she was hurting and I didn't want to make it worse.

"Let me take you inside, baby." She nodded and took my hand as I was already on the passengers side with the door open. I open the door to take her into the living room. I stopped in my tracks as I saw Austin sitting on the couch. He was wearing sweats and a hoodie. Rose ran to him, he stood and opened his arms for a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Rosie." He whispered while his head was resting on her shoulder. I stood there for a few minutes until they pulled apart.

"Neil," He said in the most neutral tone yet.

"Don't worry, I was just leaving." My hands were in my pocket and I turned at the heel.

"I was actually hoping to speak with you." I didn't take another step. "In private," He cleared his throat, I turned back around to see Rose looking confused but he nodded her off. She walked up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"What do you want?" I spoke soft as I knew Rose didn't make it far enough.

"I wanted to ask a favor," I huff at the nerve of this guy. I looked around the corner to see if she was gone yet. I took a couple steps closer.

"You want a favor from me? After everything you put my family through? After breaking Rose and I up? After leaving her alone to deal with the death of her dad?" I aggressively spoke in his face but in a quiet tone.

"Okay, first, he was my dad too-"

"You didn't show at his own funeral!" I threw my hand over my mouth and scratched my beard as I knew I was getting louder.

"That's my fuckin business, alright mom? And for Rosie, doesn't look like I broke anythin up at all. Just shut up and listen will ya?" He waved his hands around as he spoke. "I got a job for you, well actually, for your club. Cash money in it for y'all." As much as I wanted to punch him in the face, I didn't. I was low on money and I needed to buy a place of my own.

He took a seat and lit up a cigarette. He offered me one, I couldn't refuse. I took one and lit it myself. "What is it?" I inhaled sharply and exhaled the smoke.

"Rosie doesn't know this so it stays between us. She doesn't need to be involved." He sat back to get comfortable. "There is a local pharmacy, that's where my dad got his meds. The pharmacist fucked up."

My brows narrow in confusion, "How so?"

"Someone paid good money for him to replace his heart meds to different ones. My dad was murdered and I need your help for payback." I shrug and shake my head.

"I ain't trying to end up in jail again. I got a son-"

"Yeah, yeah. You got a kid, baby mama drama and my sister. I get it. This is lowkey. No one in jail. I'll pay you $150k just to do something basic. Easy money, bro." He puffed his lips and sat further into the couch.

"Why did someone pay to have your dad killed?" I watch him closely as he got uncomfortable with the question.

"You think I got where I am today without a head start? This was my dad's gig before mine. He just got older along this his crew and I took over. That's all."

"What do I gotta do?"

"All your club gots to do is break into the pharmacy and take his shit. Like I said, easy." He flung his hands in the air and awaited my response.

"I only got two others with me right now. It's gonna take some time before the other's get in town-"

He shook his head over and over again, "Nah, nah, nah. Least amount of people is better. In and out. Easy." He kept stressing how easy this would be for us. I knew he had something up his sleeve. It couldn't be as easy as this.

"Why can't your crew do this?" I finished my cigarette and put it out in the ashtray. Austin cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck.

"They uh, are busy with other shit. Come on, do this and I'll leave you and Rose alone. To speak the truth, I just wanted her back with my number one, Jack." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You ruined my relationship with the mother of my child for that?"

"Hey, I'm glad I did. No offense but Roxanne is my girl now. If you don't want anything to do with your other kid, fine by me. I already got 'em taken care of. We are gettin hitched in a couple days." My mouth dropped from hearing this ridiculous news.

"You just fucking met?"

"Short but sweet. She's meant for me." He smiled showing his diamond canines. "Anyway, y'all gonna take this offer or not?"

"I gotta talk to the boys first but I think they'll agree. Yeah, we'll do it." I rubbed the back of my neck as the hairs start to rise.

"I'll send you the info later."