eight: forget me not

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━
she who always remembered
━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━she who always remembered━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

🌸🌸🌸

Alone in the library, Hana browsed through the bookshelves trying to find the black hole she saw the other day with Dan Oh at the school's skywalk. She wanted to know if there was a connection between the pain in her heart, some of her lost memories that weren't in Trumpet Creeper, and the black hole. She knew it was dangerous, Jinmichae warned her, but she had to risk it to find out the truth.

She abruplty stopped when her eyes caught a familiar title on one of the books displayed.

MAEHWA

She stared at it with confusion, but she felt mixture of emotions. She felt nostalgic and joy, with sorrow and grief. Ignoring the swirling of emotions she was feeling, she touched to grab the book. As soon as she touched it, she heard familiar voices, one of it is hers.

"If there is a life after this, I will find you and will choose to love you."

"You will not remember, but I will. Just like a plum blossom, I will endure until we see each other again."

Overwhelmed by such strong emotions, she pulled the book from the shelf and stared carefully at it. It was obviously a manhwa. Plum blossoms and cherry blossoms were beautifully engraved on the cover. She looked up and her eyes widen in horror. Hiding behind the bookshelf was the black hole. There was loud ringing in her ears and her chest started to hurt even more painful than before, as if a sword pierced deeply right through her heart.

She endured the pain as she grazed her fingers across the title of the manhwa in her hands, unaware her surrounding started to glitch violently in a historical setting. She opened the manhwa and her eyes widen in horror and realization as she read the character description.

Siu Hana
female lead
a princess
Do Hwa's true love

Lee Do Hwa
male lead
a commoner
Hana's true love

She gasped in shock as memories of her past character came back to her like a tidal wave.

Maehwa was the first manhwa the writer had made, and also the first manhwa Hana and Do Hwa were in as the main characters. It was a simple love story in a historical setting about a commoner and a princess, who chose to strip her title and step down as royalty to be with the one she loved.

The two met when Hana escaped from the palace to visit the busy marketplace and enjoy her short freedom, while Do Hwa was browsing the stalls. The two accidentally bumped into each other and felt a connection. They locked eyes and time seemed to stop around them, as if they were the only people present. Their hearts fluttered, beating as one. It was love at first sight for both of them.