twenty four: cyclamen

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━
she who has an empathic and devoted heart
━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━she who has an empathic and devoted heart━━━━━━━━━༻𖥸༺━━━━━━━━━

🌸🌸🌸

From afar, Hana smiled happily as she crossed her arms while watching Haru intertwined his hand with Dan Oh's.

"Hello, Hana!"

Hana flinched in surprise and turned around to see Do Hwa smiling happily at her. She smiled back and waved at him.

"Do Hwa, hello."

Do Hwa looked behind her and saw Dan Oh and Haru. "Oh! It's Dan Oh and Haru!" he said and grabbed her hand. "Let's go!"

Hana's eyes widen. "Wait! I think they want to be alone---"

"Haru! Dan Oh!" Do Hwa yelled as he dragged Hana towards their friends.

Hana sighed softly as Do Hwa interrupted their friends' moment and chuckled when she saw Dan Oh comically raised her hand and twirled around.

"Hello Do Hwa, Hana!"

Do Hwa glanced suspiciously at the two. "What's going on between you two?" he asked.

"What? What do you mean?" Dan Oh asked and cleared her throat.

Do Hwa leaped towards Haru and wrapped an arm around his neck. "Count us in too. Don't have fun without us!" he said happily.

Hana chuckled at Do Hwa's obliviousness of the situation in front of him. 'Lee Do Hwa, you're so cute.'

Haru glanced at Hana and saw she was looking at him with gentleness in her eyes. He closed his eyes as a memory from the past resurfaced.

Haru hid behind a tree as he watched Chun Hwa and Jin Mi smiling at each other while walking through the field of flowers just outside the royal palace. He was tasked by the Second Prince, Prince Kyung to closely watch the royal couple and report to him everything that they do.

However, Chun Hwa was always kind to him. She was always giving him one of her warmest smiles as if he belonged, as if he was a friend.

He sighed and turned away, but stopped when he noticed the look on the Third Prince, Prince Do Yun's face. He was near Chun Hwa and Jin Mi, but his eyes were focused on Chun Hwa the whole time. He was gazing at her with love in his eyes.

"His Highness, Third Prince Do Yun's heart belongs to Her Majesty, Queen Chun Hwa."

Haru smiled softly as he left them alone and reported back to the Second Prince, but leaving the part about the Third Prince.

"Wait!" Haru said and pried Do Hwa's arm around him.

Do Hwa stared at him in confusion. "What?"

Hana stiffled her excited giggles as she watched Haru stood closer to Dan Oh.