Nineteen

|||

I didn't have classes today, so I had the whole day to sleep as much as I want and eat whatever I wanted. I was extra hungry today and craving a lot of food from different restaurants. As soon as I told Lucas about it, he bought them for me and I took my time eating. From all the food I was eating, I was adding weight all because of this pregnancy. It was amazing but at the same time, tiring.

After I was done eating, I made a quick lunch and made my way to the guest room. I knocked on the door and it opened. Cindy eyed me suspiciously then eyed the tray that had two plates of food.

"Good afternoon, lady Cindy," I said and she blinked. "I bring you your lunch."

"What are you planning?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. Weren't you the one who claimed that I didn't give you food yesterday? So, I am bringing lunch for you and your baby. Also, I saw the empty cans of your baby's food and had my boyfriend buy them," I said and handed her the tray.

"You didn't poison this, right?"

"I wish I could but I fear hell," I retorted and looked over my shoulder when I heard a door close. I smiled at Lucas who came closer.

"What's going on here?" He asked and kissed my temple.

"I came to give her royal highness lunch," I replied and grabbed Lucas' hand.

He chuckled. "Okay."

We left her door and I looked over my shoulder. Cindy was standing outside the room, glaring at us. I winked and wrapped my arm around his before facing forward.

"Before I forget," I said the moment we walked into our room.

"What?"

I released his arm and went over to the couch by the window. I sat on it and crossed my legs.

"I need a favor," I said, feeling heavy-hearted at the fact that I wanted this from him.

Lucas was silent for some seconds before approaching me. He sat on the other couch and motioned for me to speak.

"I know I've never asked this before and it's hard for me to do now," I said and cleared my throat. "Lucas... Can I have some money from you?"

Lucas raised an eyebrow. He had an incredulous expression on his face before he rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"Is that why you're feeling flustered? You have no idea how happy I am that you're asking for some money. So, yes. I will give you any amount you want."

I bit my lip. I had reasons for asking him for the money because I didn't have up to that amount to pay for what I wanted. I was doing this for us, for our future. I nodded with a sigh and leaned forward.

"I need $5000."

"Only?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

"Yes, Lucas. I need just $5000. How much were you expecting me to mention?" I rolled my eyes.

"More than that but okay," he replied and took out his phone.

After some minutes, he dropped the phone on his lap and made eye contact with me.

"I already sent the money."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, baby," he replied and rose to his feet. "I have a meeting to attend. I'm racing tonight and I have to meet up with my team. I'll see you later this evening before the race, okay?"

He came forward and kissed my lips before leaving the room. The moment the door closed, I quickly rose to my feet and went over to where my phone was, and checked my bank balance. The money was in my account as I had expected and I quickly did the transfer, hoping that my plan worked.

"I hope it truly works," I said and shut my eyes.

|||

I was going through some boxes in the attic, in search of one of my school books for homework. I have been her for over ten minutes yet I haven't found it, which was making me go crazy. I had sneezed a lot and I was watching the time because Lucas was going to be back anytime soon and he would be angry at me for being here.

"Where is that book?" I asked through annoyance as I eyed the boxes in every corner.

I spotted one I had not searched and went over to it. I knelt and opened the box. There were some books inside it, mostly Lucas' finance books. I started taking them out and smiled when I found mine. I grabbed it and dusted it with my hand. I furrowed my eyebrows when something caught my eyes from beside the book.

I dropped my book and eyed the picture frame that was between two books. Ruth was the only visible person at the edge of the picture and on her shoulder was someone's hand. I touched the picture before pulling it out.

My eyes scanned a younger-looking Ruth, to Axel who was beside her with his hand on her shoulder. When my eyes shifted to the twin men in the middle of Lucas and his siblings, I gasped.

I slowly rose to my feet and gulped. It wasn't possible, there was no way that it was possible. It would be too much of a coincidence if it was true. I blinked and lifted my gaze from the frame.

"Matt has a picture of one of these men," I whispered in horror. "That picture from his house and wallet is a picture of one of them."

I brought my hand to my mouth in shock. My head was full of different thoughts. I was so confused. I looked at the picture again to be sure of what I was seeing.

"Matt had said that man was a family member. Could Matt be somehow related to Lucas, Axel, and Ruth?" I asked myself.

I needed to find out the truth about Matt Jefferson at all costs. Fate led me to him and made me see those pictures he has, so fate had to be telling me something.

A/n: Who do you think Matt is to the Hamiltons if he has a picture of one of their fathers?