Sixty-One

Jackie's POV

I barely slept a wink last night when my head was full of Lucas and my relationship with him. I felt like my high school self when I met Lucas. Butterflies in my belly and heart fluttering. Stupid absentminded smile throughout the night and head empty, just Lucas. I needed to control myself or it was the hormones making me act the way I was being. I was certain it was my pregnancy hormones. I wanted his touch on my body, ever since he left. Something about getting him to fuck me, to make me come undone from his touch burned inside me.

I sighed from frustration when I started to throb from the images of a shirtless Lucas, standing before me with his muscular upper body displayed for me to look at with him in gray sweatpants that would be low on his hips, those hips that I found sexy, especially when his V-line was showing.

"Damn it," I said under my breath and slowly got out of bed, dispelling the images of Lucas. "Get a hang of your damn self."

Someone knocked on my door, startling me. I stared at it with narrowed eyes, wondering who that was. If it was room service, they would have called and I never told anyone which room I was in, so I had no one visiting.

"Who is it?" I asked at the top of my voice.

"Room service!"

I craned my head sideways in confusion. Room service? What were they doing outside my room? I don't think I ordered anything. With those words in my head, I rose from the bed and groaned at the weight dropping on my hips. I put my hands on my hips and rubbed then waddled to the door. I unlocked the door and opened it.

The first thing I noticed was his food cart then the single red rose sitting beside a water pitcher on the cart. I looked up at the man and raised an eyebrow.

"Good morning, Mrs. Hamilton."

"Huh?" What did he just say?

"Uh...Sorry for disturbing you if you were resting. Some food was ordered by your partner, and he asked us to bring it to your room. Can I come in?"

I was speechless at the information and only moved aside for him to walk in with the cart. I stared out the door, putting the information together. I rolled my eyes at the person behind this. It was Lucas, definitely Lucas and I wanted to smack him in the back of his head.

"What did he order?" I closed the door and made my way to the coffee table where the man was putting the food on.

"Scrambled eggs with toast, chocolate milk, salad, and some sweet pastries... Oh and a rose flower."

How Lucas knew I wanted something sweet made me curious as it kept me up all night. Even the nightstand was littered with chocolate wrappers from the night snacks I had through the night. This act of his made me feel that flutter in my chest as I eyed the food on the table.

"Here, Mrs. Hamilton." The man stood in front of me and handed me the rose flower and a brown note.

I hesitantly took the note first before taking the rose flower. I looked at it closely and noticed it was not plastic but an actual rose flower. I smiled at it and turned my attention to the note.

"I'll take my leave now. If you need anything, kindly call for us," the man said and bowed then left the room with his cart.

"What are you up to, Lucas?" I unfolded the note and saw his writing on it.

Good morning, love.

I wanted to wake you up with breakfast, so you won't stress yourself with it. You may probably roll your eyes at what I did but that's fine because it's typical of you.