Thirty-Eight

Lucas' POV

I was still frozen in place as she kissed me. I could barely feel anything anymore apart from the movement of her mouth and the racing of my heart. I was frozen in shock. Jackie started to fill my head, my relationship and everything about us filled my head, which caused my heart to ache from the thought of cheating on her.

When annoyance got to the brim of the gauge of my emotions, I held her arms and made a move to pull her away, only for her to pull away and rise to her feet then wrap her arms around my shoulders in a vice grip. I stiffened and blinked as more confusion filled my head.

What the fuck was wrong with this woman?

"I am so sorry. So sorry for kissing you but please, just stay still. Stay where you are. I really need your help on this. I beg of you," she said in a hasty tone.

I grunted and placed my hands on her waist, prepared to push her away. If I used my full strength to push her off me, it would be drastic and probably a repeat of what happened with Cindy. I held her hips and squeezed them painfully until she hissed and moved away. I glared at her when she sat back down then opened my mouth to speak.

"What is going on here?"

I turned my head around to see who was speaking. It was a man, probably few years older than me, glaring down at us. He focused his attention on Maddie for some seconds before coming closer to me. I eyed him up, wondering what his problem was.

"Who the fuck is this, Maddie?" The guy asked, eyeing my body.

The Maddie girl chuckled and rose to her feet then approached me. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and leaned on my head. I placed my hand on her stomach and pushed her away then stood.

"Look---"

"He's my boyfriend!" She cut me off.

I did a double take at her and felt anger rising in me. This was becoming serious and whatever this girl was doing was not my business.

"Boyfriend?" The man, Darrell sounded pissed.

Maddie looked at me and pleaded with her eyes. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, not wanting anything to do with this.

"Yes... I told you I would move on. Are you stalking me now?" She asked.

I sighed and opened my wallet, paid for the drink and grabbed my phone off the bar. As I turned to leave, Darrell held my shoulder and glared at me. I eyed the hand resting on my body before raising my eyes to meet his.

"I will give you to the count of three to get your hand off me or I will break it," I said with the anger in me hitting the roof. I was fed up with all these.

Darrell dropped his hand and scoffed then walked away, leaving the bar. I sighed and faced the girl. She shrunk from my gaze and fiddled with her fingers while nervously looking around. I grabbed her arm and aggressively pulled her close.

"You messed up really bad. If you were someone that I knew, you wouldn't want to know what I could have done to you. Do not ever do that again and I don't ever want to see you around me. Got it?"

She hesitantly nodded. I dropped her arm and walked away from her and out the bar. I stopped at the entrance of the bar to exhale the burning rage in me. I growled and wiped my lips with the back of my hand. Girls were still hitting on me and I kept rejecting them because I was loyal to Jackie but this girl, Maddie, had the audacity to go to a different stage entirely. I felt guilty for accepting her drink offer. If I had not, she wouldn't have kissed me and I wouldn't be feeling like I cheated on Jackie.