Fifty-Two

Jackie's POV

Today was the last day for me to write my exam for the year and I was glad. I needed the rest away from school to take care of myself and the baby. I was due in a few months and the agility I once had was not the same again. I got tired easily, I slept too much, I was always feeling feverish, and my body felt heavy. My clothes could barely fit me anymore and my appetite was low. Andrea was always helping me to the hospital and making sure I took every supplement and met up with the checkups. I knew that if I was living alone, I would not have been able to do anything or felt lazy to go to my ob-gyn.

I dropped my book on my lap and looked toward the busy entrance of my faculty. Students were flocking in and out of the entrance to the building. The buzz for the last exam of our faculty was visible. I sighed and turned my head to the other side. I smiled when I saw Paul still sucking from the bottle I was holding to his mouth. His eyes were droopy and on me while he sucked lazily. He grinned, showing his gums.

"What's funny?" I said in a baby-ish voice, leaning forward. "Tell mommy too so she can---"

I blinked and leaned back at the word I had said a few seconds ago. It was becoming a frequent habit. Once in a while, I would always refer myself as his mother. His mother was alive and away, leaving an infant with people she knew nothing about. Paul was cute and adorable. I had immediately connected with him. Over the days I spent with him, he was more of a child of mine. I felt like we had a special bond. Legally, I knew he was not mine nor biologically but when all this mess was over, I would find means to adopt him or find his mother. The latter felt bittersweet.

I smiled and fed him his bottle again. He sucked faster and closed his eyes. I was about to lean forward to kiss his forehead when a sharp knock on the window shook me. I pulled the bottle away and looked to the window. I could only see a chest and waist. I furrowed my eyebrows and wound down the window.

As the body bent, my face dropped into a deadpanned look---Matt. He was smiling, his eyes full of mischievousness. I hated the sight of him. Overnight, he changed. Well, just as everyone who came into my life did.

"What do you want? You must be so obsessed with me to always be around me when you tell me to stay away." I was pissed at his presence. I wanted to end this year without any negative feeling.

"Just wanted to say hello... Never expected you to come write the last exams for the year."

"Matt, leave."

He smirked. "It seems you're doing alright. Has baby daddy even checked up on you three? He is a pain in my ass back in New York. Well. He is a pain in every one's ass, especially you."

I frowned and glared at him. His eyes were full of the same level of mischievousness. He was here to taunt me again and I did not have the time to entertain the likes of him.

"What? Got nothing to say?" He laughed. "You know. I am still open. I can still date you, pregnant and all. I did say it before. It's so sad he left you like this... young and pregnant. It's pitiful. You should probably go on a show or something, at least by the end of it all, you might get a man or fame. Looking at things, Lucas has already abandoned you since there's rumors, he has a new woman."

"You talk a lot."

"I am only saying the truth... You little girls who get pregnant with any man you sleep with are the ones who ruin the image of better girls. Look at you, what will you now become?"

I quickly uncorked Paul's bottle and angrily spilled the content onto his face and the window. He was stunned with milk all over is face and dripping onto his shirt.

"Don't you ever come near me again or I will call the fucking cops." I was panting, hot and heavy anger in my heart for him and everything going on.

Matt chuckled. "Truth hurts."