Twenty-Seven

"So, let me get this straight." I got up, pointing my hand at him. "You said all those crap to me, hurt me intentionally for some stupid plan that you could have told me about?!"

He got up instantly and tried to touch me but I stepped back, avoiding any bodily contact.

"Do you know how hurt I was? Did you even think about my condition as your pregnant girlfriend? Why couldn't you just text me or call me that this is what you're planning to do?"

"I panicked! I'm sorry, okay? I was too angry and anxious about the fact that I just found that that bitch intentionally had people break into the apartment all because she is obsessed with me. Almost putting that baby in trouble for a man! I was going to let you know when I came back but the whole thing with the baby choking on the pen cap happened."

I cupped my forehead and tried to register everything he had said. I exhaled through my mouth and dropped my hand then looked up at him.

"I am so sorry for saying those things to you but the plan came right after we left the hospital. The shit Cindy was saying about you got me so angry but I formed a plan instead because I feel like Cindy is hiding something and I have to get to the bottom of it because I will not let my family get hurt again."

My shoulders sagged and I sat back down, feeling too weak from everything. I ran my fingers through my hair and felt him sit beside me. He placed his hand on my back and moved his hand to the back of my head.

"I apologize for saying those things to you but I needed Cindy to fall for my plan... She was watching us from upstairs and I had to act like I didn't trust you."

I turned my head to look into his eyes. His eyes were heavy with sadness and his eyebrows were furrowed. There were dark circles around his eyes, making him appear tired.

"Maddy tried to separate us before and this time, I will never let anyone come between us again. I want us to be smart with Cindy at all costs. We are going to be parents and we will have to eliminate every threat we have."

"You put me through a lot under these few hours, you bastard," I said and pouted and he chuckled then pulled me against his chest and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry, love. From now on, I want us to not hide anything from each other. I made a mistake and we shouldn't let it happen again, okay?"

Lucas cupped my cheeks and made me look at him. I still had a pout on my lips, which he pecked before rubbing his nose with mine.

"I will always love you. I will always choose you over anyone. You are my only family. The only one I can trust and put my everything in," he said, his lips brushing mine. "You are my first and forever love. I cannot lose you and our baby."

I smiled softly and held his hands under mine. I smiled wider when he kissed my cheek, down to my neck before pulling me into a bear hug.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I hate that I hurt you," he said in my hair.

"I'm glad that none of what happened was real because I was about to walk away from this relationship. As much as I love you, if our relationship should have signs of problems, I'll choose my mental health over you."

"Your choice is valid," he said and hugged me tighter.

"Are you two done polluting my home with your love? Singles like me hate such."

We pulled away at the sound of Evangeline's voice. I blushed and scooted away from Lucas who rolled his eyes.

"So..." She said, approaching us. "I heard everything you said and Jackie can stay here with me until whatever reason you're doing this is over."

"Thank you," Lucas said and got up. "I need to leave before that witch suspects my movement."

My mood was dampened at the fact that he was leaving. I held his hand and batted my eyes at him, which made him chuckle before leaning downward. He cupped my chin and kissed me hard, making my body soften. His tongue brushed my lips, begging for entrance. I parted my lips and he plunged his tongue into my mouth, deepening the kiss.

After a few seconds, he pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"I love you so fucking much," he whispered.

"Gag," Evangeline said.

We laughed and he stood straight. He waved at her and then winked at me before leaving the house. I relaxed on the couch, feeling at peace.

"Girl, you're lucky that man cleared up the issue. I was going to unleash my pet on him since he's scared of him."

I laughed. "I would vote for that."

|||

The next day, I prepared for school at Evangeline's place. Thankfully, Lucas had dropped off my stuff in the early hours of the morning. I drove to school, feeling happy now that I knew that Lucas wasn't an idiot.

When I got to school, I met up with a few classmates and spoke about some school stuff before walking to my first-morning class. During my class, I received a text from Lucas; telling me he was waiting outside with snacks. I beamed and began feeling impatient.

Once the class ended, I rushed out and almost bumped into Matt who wrapped his arms around me to stop me from falling on him. I smiled and took a step back.

"Where are you rushing to?" He asked with a light chuckle.

"My boyfriend's outside."

Matt blinked. "Oh. I haven't met him. Can you introduce me to him?"

I rolled my eyes with a small smile then nodded. Together, we walked out of our building. I spotted Lucas leaning against his car and I increased my steps, Matt walking behind me at a slower pace. Once I got to Lucas, he wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me a bit, then placed his face in the crook of my neck.

"Hmm, I missed you," he said in my neck and nibbled a bit before placing me on my feet.

"I missed you too," I said and I stepped out of his arms. I turned toward Matt who, at that moment, approached us. "This is Matt...Matt, this is Lucas."

I noticed a strange look on Matt's face before he smiled and stretched his hand out, which Lucas accepted.

"I finally get to meet you," Matt said.

What bothered me was the tone he used. Which was not the type of tone one would use for someone they just met, it sounded different.

A/n: Side eye.