Forty

Lucas' POV

I didn't want to believe him. He could be lying. There was no way, absolutely no way this was true. Dad could never do this. Even though I knew him as an uncle, he could never do such a thing. He was a kind man, a man full of laughter and jokes. There was no way he abandoned Matt and whoever his mother was.

"I know you don't believe me because you were dad's favorite," he said with strong venom in his tone. "I was born two years before you were born, and I knew nothing at my age. All I remember was my mother taking care of me until I turned thirteen. The only memories I have of that man was how he fought with my mother every time he visited. How my mother cried every night. I hated him so much. I hated him with my whole heart and wanted him gone."

I could see the raw anger and hate swimming in his eyes. It was scary. His eyes were darker, and it made him appear feral.

"When I found out he died, I was happy. I was glad because it was better, he was dead than for me to know I have a father who didn't care for his family." He stopped talking to laugh. "And then when I found out he had another family, I was shocked, angry, sad and crazy."

My throat was tightening painfully as I heard him speak. I hoped and prayed that what he was saying were lies as I could understand the feeling of being neglected. I didn't want to believe that my dad could be like his brother.

"I...I don't know what to say."

"Of course, you wouldn't. How would you care when you grew up with everything. His love, his attention, his care and wealth."

At that, I sat upright and glared at him.

"That's enough." I was seething right now. "It is not my fault that our father neglected you. And who gave you the right to think that I had the best growing up? At least you knew who your father was and had the rightful care of a mother. Look, I don't know what you want but you better leave my family out of this."

"Family?" He laughed. "What family? Do you expect me to sit here and let you have it all? No, dear brother. You had the time to have the perfect life but not now. You and the rest of the Hamiltons let me and my mother suffer. That man let my mother pick from trash to feed me! I barely even went to school. I was almost a dumb kid if not for my mother who trained me at home. I watched my mother fall sick and how that man refused to send medical aid with all that money he had. I vowed to make each and every one of you to suffer for killing my mother and I will not stop until you, especially get the worse of it all."

I watched him stand and adjust his suit. "Thanks to his twin brother who is so greedy, a little manipulation will make me take the CEO position from him and I will destroy the company. I will take every dime from the company and leave it to crumble. All of you, and your next generation will suffer because if I didn't have it while growing up, you all wont."

I stood and grabbed his arm, tightening my hold on him. I hissed and leaned forward, my face almost brushing his.

"You don't want to piss me off, Matt. Get out of your fucking delusions and face the real world. Stop being childish. You're not the only person with daddy issues and you don't see me going out of my way to destroy innocent lives. If dad caused you so much pain, get over it and mourn your mother the right way. And listen to me carefully, you piece of shit, my father did not die in vain for me to watch what belongs to him disappear. I will ruin you, Matt. Watch your back."

I pushed him away and exhaled hard then turned away to leave.

"You don't know what I am capable of, Lucas. You leaving those clubs is just a test. What is coming for you will be so big you will wish you stepped out of my way."