1

Jennie POV

"Goood morning, self! What a beautiful day for another beautiful wedding!"

I blurted out when I checked myself in my bathroom mirror. I woke up early to prepare for my cousin's first day of her eternity full of love and happiness.

Love made its way again in two people's heart. I believe that everyone of us have a soulmate. The one who will fall in love with you, pursue you and eventually asks your hand for marriage. But that doesn't stop there.

Then you and him/her will live happily ever after.

Everyone which include me, I longed for together forever - my own personal fairy tale. Complete with my one true love. My future husband. The future partner to raise our kids. The one that I can give myself completely. My Prince, with at least one adorable pup.

I pined for the day when I would someday be happy, when I would finally feel like things had fallen into place.

*****

"Chaaeeeng! Have you seen my shoes?" I called my best friend from my room.

"Jennie, you scream like a woman who just about to give birth." Chaeng entered my room with yogurt in her hand.

"We're gonna be late!" I'm scrambling to find the pair of my shoes.

"Here it is. Stop shouting." Chaeng hand me my lost shoe.

Then I suddenly remember Mom.

*****

"I found your glass shoe, sweetheart!" Mom holding my little shoe.

I was just a little girl that time wearing a Cinderella costume complete with tiara and all.

"Mom, where's my prince?" I giggled at my mom.

She sat beside me fixing my crown.

"When you grow up, he will find you!" Mom hugged me.

"And we will live happily ever after?" I look up to her and giggle.

"Yes, baby. Happily. Forever. Together." Mom beamed and sway me like it's my first dance with my prince.

*****

"Hello, Jen. You're lost in trance again. I thought we're late."

I smiled at her.

"Ready?"

This is gonna be a magical moment again!

*****

Lisa POV

What time is it? Fuck!

I rushed in my bathroom almost shoving my face in my bedroom floor.

I checked the clock again, 10 minutes before 9.

I got shoot today!

Another day. Sigh.

"Wedding? 'Til death do us part? The biggest scam of human kind!" I uttered while I hurriedly brush my teeth.

I don't truly believe there is one soul mate you're destined to be with. Thanks to the K-dramas and Hollywood mushy films in which we live, we have been socialized to believe there is one - and only one - person with whom we truly belong.

Where it all started? Fairy tales.

We are forced to read these stories since we are kids. Fairy tales seem cute and whimsical on the surface, but those are super dark and twisted and it and just been diluted into children's stories.