24

"You're skipping one stage."

Wendy handing me one bottle.

Wendy and I gone out for a quick drink leaving tired and softly snoring Jennie in our room. She was so exhausted from walking all day. Her fitness watch gave up from counting her steps.

"What stage?"

"See, you are already on the last one. Acceptance: Maybe I should give this a shot." Wendy triumphantly smiling at me.

"Wendy, I know that the stages you are referring to are not about falling or whatever. You just found it similar to stages of grief, asshole."

Wendy almost spraying her drink on my face as she laughs.

"I thought you are too dumb to realize. Anyway, yeah you skipped one. And I hope that it's not the last one you'll go into."

Not minding what she said.

"So, are you finally accepting that you are indeed in love with Jennie?" Wendy not wiping the smirk off her face.

"You are uttering stupid things."

That's different level. I'm not in love. I'm not.

"You both cuddling and hugging and who knows what you two did earlier, are stupid things?" She scoffs.

"You won't stop until I told to you, would you?" I faced her.

"Yes."

I took a deep breath. Wendy is after all I got when Dad passed and she may be fucktard, but she's well, I hate to say this, the best.

"I like Jennie."

I like her long time.

I confirmed, validated and concluded that earlier.

All those annoying things I've done to her is my way to express how much I really like her way back since we are kids.

"But that's it. I'm not in love with her. I'm very very far from that. Too far. So, so far. Far, far away."

I added before she giggles like a little girl.

"That's fucking far. I get it."

Her face sunk and we exchange lines.

"You are a big fat liar."

"Don't push it, Wendy."

"You'll eat your words."

"I'm not hungry."

"You are going to hell."

"With you."

"Fuck you."

Wendy shaking her head and we drink in silence.

"She likes you, too." Now it's her turn to face me.

Possible, but I don't think she'll go further than that.

"You think so?"

"Yes, what are you going to do with it?" She's crossing her arm.

"Nothing."

She can't fall in love with me.

And I can't.

How can I stop? If every time she's with me, I can't even recognize myself.

*****

Jennie POV

We have crossed the border from Cambodia to Aranyaphrathet, Thailand. Lisa rented a car to use for us to get to Bangkok.

"Sawasdeeka, I am aroi mak." Wendy bows to me, opening the car door and suddenly became Thai. Which I don't understand.