19

Jennie POV

Can you still walk? Sore?

Chaeng being Chaeng on the other line with Chu laughing loud on the background, too.

Really, Chaeng? You even forget to say hello. Straight to being nasty?

My voice full of annoyance. I peek outside the coaster's window and saw Lisa and Wendy buying banh mi and coffee for us. We'll have our fix before travelling to Phnom Penh.

I called Chaeng to tell her what happen last night, and this best friend of mine decides to go full perv again and frankly not helping.

Okay, I'm sorry. I'm just checking up on you. Lisa looks like she can wreck a bed. Do the clothes I packed for you worked? I bet it did!

Chaeng!

She's muffling her laughter. I huffed loud.

Alright, grumpy troll... Hello, Jen? Oh my gosh! How are you? It's been 3... 4 days! I missed you a lot, best friend. You missed my 9 months pregnancy and my son's college graduation. There, happy?

I rolled my eyes smiling then I answered.

Much, much better. I'm fine. We are going to Cambodia now. How are you, Chu, Kuma and business? I missed you, too. Please, tell your son, who I suspect is Benjamin Button to behave.

We're all fine here. We can handle the business while you're out. So, shall we proceed to the point why you called. What's happening? Can you handle Lisa?

Chaeng hates omitting main points.

We hanged out last night. Everything is still vivid in my memory particularly when she said I'm a life changer and she... Likes me.

Of course, you clearly don't have a choice but to be with her for two weeks. I can feel Chaeng rolling her eyes at me.

No, what with I mean 'hang out' is like just the two of us. No Wendy around.

Does she mean it? Or is it just part of the fake date.

Ahh. You mean, a date.

A fake--- I was suddenly cut off by a sharp giggle.

Wait...! Oh my gosh!!!!! Really!!!!! You two dated??? When's the wedding?

Chaeyoung-ah! I just told you we hanged out or what then wedding? Chaeng is being unbelievable right now.

Sorry, I'm just shocked. You figured it out already? Wait, she asked you? Omo! She likes you, too? You both like each other? I knew it! Hey, it will be probably end up in a wedding, who knows!

Chaeng! Can you stop? It's just a fake one. She just took me out, we ate, we talk... She just did that to make Wendy stop from annoying her and...

All I want to hear is if she ate you. And?

Park Chaeyoung!

Haha! What? Chu is curious, too! Ok, I'll behave. And?

It felt like a real one. Everything I did, I said last night. I did it without even pretending. Somehow, I know she's not, but... does she?

And...?

I want her to take me out again. Sleep is the hardest thing last night knowing that Lisa is just on the other side.

Goooooosh!!!! Then ask her out! Jennie, you don't have to wait for her to ask you. You have your own mouth to---