CHAPTER 3

"Mom! Dad!",Kira called with urgency in her voice as she rushed into the sitting room.
Nico ran down the stairs to the room and suddenly stopped as if he sensed something, then a smile appeared on his face.
"Oooh. Seems like someone has discovered something about herself", he said.
"Dad, something is wrong with me. I... I... I.. "
"Compelled someone to do your bidding ", he completed.
Kira nodded and he chuckled.
"Why? I mean, how did I do that?", she asked.
Uugh. Why doesn't she realize? Why doesn't she want to accept the fact that she's different.
"Well, I'm waiting?", she said pulling him out of his thoughts.
"It's because I and your mom are Guardians which automatically makes you one"
"Ooooh", Kira said while nodding.
That was a long 'oooh'.
"But what in the world of Bikini Bottoms is a Guardian supposed to mean? Someone that guards the world?", she asked with little sarcasm.
Nico groaned in frustration. Where was Cora when she was needed? You never find 'em when you need 'em.
"Guardians are supernatural beings, almost like humans...."
"So I'm not..... you know....a human?", she cut in. He glared at her
"Of course not", he said casually. "As I was saying, we're the second most powerful beings after the priestess. As Guardians, we see legends through visions, dreams or.... they just come into our mind. And also, we have the power to compel people to do whatever we want them to do. We can also sense people's presence or auras, because we have heightened senses."
Kira nodded digesting the information.
"But beware, if you see any other person apart from your I or your mom, using the compulsion power, run"
"Why?"
"Because that person is a demon. The only beings that have mind manipulating abilities  are the Guardians and the demons. And if they see you, they might kill you"
"Again, why?"
Like seriously? Why is this girl so desperate for information?
"I'm not telling ya. Figure it out", he said and left.
Kira rolled her eyes. Trust her father to walk out when he doesn't want to reveal extra information.
Sensing, compulsion, demons...... All of this is too much.
Why must my life be different? She clenched her jaw in frustration and... in fear of the future. She felt that something wasn't right. She felt that she wasn't just a Guardian, that something was added to it. And that something, she didn't like. Still in thoughts, Cora came in. Kira heaved a sigh of relief. Just the right person.
"Hey darling", her mom greeted with a smile." I heard that someone discovered her powers today", she added teasingly.
"Good afternoon mom. Now about that. Mom, how does this whole compelling shit work? How did you do it when you had your own powers?"
Cora put her finger on her chin in thought.
"Hmmm. The power of compulsion is a power every Guardian is born with. You don't learn how to do it. It's just there. I had mine since I was a little kid. I wonder why you just got yours. You compel people to do what you want them to do. All except demons. By the way, their mind manipulating abilities are much more stronger than that of we, the Guardians. They can even use their minds to compel".
Shit. This woman hasn't explained the exact thing I wanna know.
"But how do you control the powers?", she asked. Cora looked at her, confusion written all over her face.
"Uum, you don't need to control it. It's not like it comes in surges. No. You just look the person in the eye and tell them what you want them to do. Why?"
"Well, I compelled Diego today. And I didn't want to. My mouth just opened and I found myself compelling him", Kira blurted.
"Well, that's unusual ", Cora said more to herself. "I'll talk to your dad about it "