CHAPTER 21

Diego didn't understand Kira anymore since the time they talked about their auras. He didn't even know what really happened back then. And when Maximus came to their school and how they were seen in a camera footage after the hotel explosion caused by the appearance of the weird serpent, though no one told her about it. And Maximus hadn't been found since then. And how her parents died and the area around her residence exploded and she disappeared for a whole month just to return looking all happy and hot.
And now she passed out.
"What am I gonna do?", he thought.

He took her to the school's clinic and stayed there. Few minutes later, she awoke. She looked at him and smiled. He began to tear up.
"Poor girl"
"What is it?", Kira asked casually.
"You're in denial. You're trying to cover up your pain with laughter and fashion"
Kira scoffed and got to her feet. She walked up to him and looked him straight in the eyes.
"Now you're gonna step aside and let me leave", she said and walked past him towards the door but he pulled her back.
What? Didn't my compulsion work or what?
"You must be delusional, Kira. Like, where do you think all this Guardian shit is gonna take you?"
Kira pulled her arm out of his hand and grabbed his neck. She lifted him up. Diego's eyes widened and he began to struggle for breath. He looked into her eyes and his heart beat quickened. They had a silvery blue glow. She opened her mouth and he saw that her upper canines were longer and sharper.
Fangs.
"Who...who are you?", he asked.
"I'm Kira. Just not the one you used to know. I am in a whole different league. Now you will choke on your own blood and loose consciousness. When you wake up, you will not remember ever bringing me here", Kira said and dropped him. She walked out as Diego coughed and puked blood.

3 HOURS LATER

Diego sprang up from the bed with a gasp. He saw the school nurse standing beside him. He touched his forehead.
"Why am I here?", he asked. The nurse looked at him weirdly.
"You puked blood. Lots of it. Where did Kira go to?"
Diego was confused.
"Was Kira here?"
"Yeah. I mean you brought her here"
"No I didn't"
"Yes you did"
"Well I don't remember doing so"
The nurse held her chin.
"It must be the extreme blood loss. Get more rest"

***

At night, Kira went to the stream. She sat by the bank and put her legs in the water. As she closed her eyes, the memory of her killing Maximus flashed through her mind. She shivered. Then she felt her Inner Guardian.
"It is time to receive all the memories of your past life. "
And just like that, memories upon memories flooded into her mind.
But then, everything was interrupted. She felt a presence and with that feeling came the danger signals. A demon. She quickly stood up and looked behind her. There, the demon stood looking like a human.
"Young lady, you're not supposed to be out here by this time", he said and made to step closer but he stopped. It was as if Kira was covered by some kind of invisible wall. She ceased that opportunity and ran. When she went some distance away from the stream, she stopped and looked back. No one. As she looked forward, the demon appeared at her front. He opened his mouth to bite her but she plunged her fist into his chest. She didn't still understand how she was able to do that.
She reached for his heart and pulled it out. The demon grunted in pain then his eyes turned yellow and he began to change form, his demon form.
"Filthy girl, I have no heart. This is my true form. I just used the body of a human for makeup. But I sure look hotter this way, don't I"
Kira could feel all that suppressed power she had surging in her. All her sense of fear was gone. All she felt like doing was to use all that power on this demon. She held his neck a she pushed herself with a force that sent them to one of the trees with a high inhumane speed. With that same inhumane speed and strength, Kira lifted him up and threw him on the ground.
The demon stood up, fear etched all over his face.
This strength. This speed.
Then he looked up and saw her eyes glowing a silvery blue and he gasped.
Those eyes.

"You... you're an Ancient", he stammered.
Then he took a very deep breath and stood erect. He opened his mouth exposing his fangs and let out a loud roar. Soon after, other demons materialized at the scene. Kira's rage increased. She could feel another kind of energy surging in her.
Witch energy.
She stretched out her arms to her sides and flicked her wrists. A force was released that threw the demons off their balance. She opened her mouth exposing her fangs and a growl left her throat. She began to attack and dismember them, sparing only the first demon that attacked her. She was so fast and strong. When she ended the last demon, it was almost dawn. With her speed, she moved to the demon she spared, grabbed him and left.