CHAPTER 23

🤗🤗🤗
Hi y'all. Ok before we continue there are some terms that you'll be seeing that I need to explain.
Vamping (synonym: speeding): to walk or run with an inhumane speed almost close to the speed of light. Such ability is possessed by vampires, shades and ancient demons.
Species: They include the Primis consisting of Meliodas, Irina, Iva, Ivora, Malyen, Malach and Morova;, and the shades Baal and Delilah.
Thank you. Enjoy the story.

***
The Primis along with their mass of newly turned vampires marched through Elezalde. Meliodas was once a demon so he knew where the demons were going to be that market.

**
CRESCENT MARKET

People watched in fear as the mysterious wolf tore the innocent man apart. They shot it with guns, arrows and spears but they didn't seem to make any impact on it.
As they watched, the wolf stopped and growled. They could hear it's bones cracking as it changed form.
It...or rather he now looked human.
"Of all animals you could shift to, you chose a wolf", a familiar voice said behind him. Everyone diverted their eyes to the voice to see a group of people.
The demon rolled his eyes.
"If it isn't Meliodas", he said before turning around to face him. "Though I'd watch my mouth if I were you. I'm not in a particularly good mood. As you know, I'm older than you which means I'm stronger"
Meliodas tilted his head.
"Well..not anymore", he said.
"And why is that?", the demon asked tilting his own neck. Meliodas smirked.
"Why don't I show you?". His eyes turned blood red, and almost as quick as the speed of light, he vamped to him, grabbed him by his neck, lifted him up and threw him down like he was weightless.
The demon's face morphed into a face of fear. All the humans had left in terror leaving only Meliodas and his hang with the demon.

This strength. This speed.

"Wha...what are you?", he stuttered.
"Good question. I am a vampire. The first vampire. I am stronger, faster. I am as powerful as an Ancient demon. You average demons are no match for me or my fellow vampires. I would've loved to tell you more about how I became what I am but we gotta go.
We've got other demons to take care of.
The demon scoffed and stood up and took some steps backward.
"You know you can't kill me. I'm a century old. I'll just regenerate"
"I know about that. That's why I'll be taking you and other demons I capture with me"
"Well I'm not going down without a fight"
"Oh that's good. Cuz we're not letting you go without a fight either"
Meliodas gave the Primis a signal and they with some of the newly turned vampires vamped away leaving Meliodas with only six newly turned vampires.
"New Borns, how would you like to try out your new powers?", Meliodas asked.  The vampires' eyes turned blood red and they all opened their mouths, exposing their fangs and hissing like agitated snakes.
The demon made a face of disgust and spat on the ground.
One of the vampires vamped to him and the demon plunged his fists into his chest and pulled out his heart. The vampire fell dead.
"It would be a waste to give y'all a quick and painless death now, wouldn't it", he said and began to change form. His body grew slightly larger and more muscular. His shirt got ripped out of his body which had already turned red and spikes grew out of it. His nails became claws. He opened his mouth and he had two long fangs as his only teeth.

"Come at me. I'll give y'all a taste of hell"
Another vampire vamped towards him but came to a halt because the demon vanished. He reappeared behind the vampire. Using his two arms he pulled the vampire towards him, locking their bodies together. He raised his head and opened his mouth brandishing his fangs before he sank it into the vampire's neck.
The vampire screeched in pain. And then the demon dropped him.
"The venom from my bite will kill him. As will the venom made with my claws or the spikes on my body. Though I wouldn't be so sure for him", he said pointing at Meliodas with blood dripping from his mouth.
"But look on the bright side. When I bit your friend over here, I ingested his blood and absorbed his abilities. So I have all the perks that come with being what you are"
"But you didn't absorb the amount that will last you for a longtime. Seeing as you didn't completely drain him of blood. Meaning that the power will fade in a few minutes"
"And by then I would've been done with the lot of you. Now, shall we?"

Without waiting for a response, the demon vamped to the other vampires. So he bit while others he slashed with his claws. They fell, screaming and groaning in pain. Meliodas frowned. His eyes became blood red then black. But before he could even move, the demon vamped to him and dug his claws into his body. Meliodas gasped as he crunched his face. The demon laughed at him.
And all of a sudden, two hands took of the demon's face from behind and snapped his neck. The demon fell, unconscious.
It was Irina, one of the Primis who did it.
"When I was human, I used to study books about demons. You could take them out if you do something that affects their spine", she explained when Meliodas gave her a confused look.
Then he blacked out