CHAPTER 9

Baal stood inside the forest, at the edge of the clifff, disguised as a human. So he eventually went to Elezalde. He couldn't face the wrath of Kami again. At least, he could find a way to escape Lucifer. Who could escape Kami?

I would have to slumber for many years. I might wake up during the period of the Great Tribulation.

As he made to continue going into.... nowhere in particular, he paused. His senses became heightened. He could perceive a strange power... demon power. He made himself invisible. Soon, a young lady came. She walked towards the edge of the cliff. But when she walked past him, she paused, as if sensing him.
What could this lady be doing here?
He heard the sound of something dripping. Then he perceived a foul stench
Urine!
Turning towards him, she grabbed his neck.

She can't see me. How then did she know that I was here?

She lifted him up by the neck and his invisibility wore off. He looked into her eyes.
Oh!
She was compelled.
"What were you told to do?", he asked.
The lady's pupils were dilated.
"I will go deep into the forest and kill myself and pee to take down anyone who tries to stop me."

Why would a Guardian compel someone to kill herself? From what I remember, Guardians ain't evil.

Then his eyes widened in realization.
This isn't a Guardian' compulsion. It's too strong enough to be a Guardian's own. Guardians can't give out their power.

His eyes widened the more at another realization. He wasn't the only demon in Elezalde. And not just any demon. An ancient like him. A demon that was in the world before the creation of man.

Could it be that Lucifer knew he was here?
No. This can't be Lucifer's power. I know how Lucifer's power smells.

"You will go back home and forget about everything that happened and you will be free from what is binding you", he said.
"You don't tell me what to do", the lady said.

I can't reverse the compulsion. Whoever compelled her must be a very powerful demon. But it feels as if the Guardian energy is mixed with traces of demonic energy. That's probably what makes it difficult to reverse.
He looked into her mind and picked out her name.
"Sasha, since you wanna die. I think I'll help you with that. Your soul will give me strength when I wake up from my slumber"
Then he vanished from Sasha's hand and appeared in front of her. This time, he was the one who grabbed her neck and lifted her up. He locked her in with his gaze.
"Rest in peace, Sasha", he said and opened his mouth wide. As he did so, his eyes glowed amber and Sasha's mouth was also opened. An amber colored mist came out from her mouth and entered his.
He was sucking her soul.

***