CHAPTER 24

Meliodas woke up. He looked around and noticed that he was inside the cave. He also noticed the Primis along with other vampires that survived the previous night's ordeal and then other people who weren't vampires.
They were all looking at him.
"I'm hungry", he said ignoring the vampires and looking at the other people as he stood up.
"You look human". He sniffed the air." And you have the scent of humans", he added. His eyes then turned blood red. He hissed, exposing his already elongated fangs. He vamped towards them but eldest looking person, a male, who appeared to be their leader held up his hand and Meliodas stopped and shrieked. He held both sides of his head as he fell to his knees groaning. He looked up at them, panting.
Blood was pouring outside of his nose and eyes. He got to his feet and made to vamp towards them again but someone else vamped in, a male. He was very fast. He grabbed Meliodas by the neck, vamped with him in his hand and slammed him against the wall.

Meliodas' eyes widened in shock.
Baal.
But almost immediately as it came, it was gone. Meliodas took his hand off his neck and punched him with a force that sent him flying backwards. Someone else, a lady, vamped in and grabbed his neck. She took him up and dropped him with force.
Meliodas grunted from the impact.
"Hello, little brother"
Meliodas stood up. He looked at his sister, then at Baal who then vamped to where his sister was. They both looked different and smelt different. Their eyes were glowing yellow like that of a wild cat.
"What are you?", he said.
"Are you just gonna stand here lookin' or are you gonna fight?", the lady said.
Then the Primis stepped forward.
"He's not alone", Morova, one of them said.
"Delilah leave. Now.", Meliodas said with a warning tone.
Delilah chuckled as she looked at Morova.
"Oh I can take down all of you. So if I were you, I'd protect those newborn vamps. They're not so immortal like you after all", she said.
"Oh I'm so gonna enjoy tearing you two apart", Malyen said as he vamped towards them but then someone else vamped in and kicked him. He flew backwards and hit the wall.
"Who said we are alone?", Baal said with a laugh.
The creature that attacked Morova roared like a wild cat exposing two sets of elongated canines. Then three more of their kind came in.
And there was a loud ringing noise. All the vampires and Baal's species covered their ears and screamed. Kira entered into the cave with her right hand balled into a fist.

"No, no. I can't have my creatures fighting. At least not yet", she said and dropped her hand. The noise stopped.
"What are they?", Malyen asked, pointing at Baal.
"Oh", Kira said. "They are the Shades, another one of my creation. They have the speed and strength of an Ancient. They can turn humans by biting them. They can also procreate with each other and with humans. They are immortal. Unlike you, a normal shade can be killed or weakened by any silver object and unlike you they are bound to the night meaning that if they move out at night from the hours of 8 and upward, they'll turn into wild cats."
"And them?", Ivora pointed to the other creatures.
"Oh", Kira said as she walked towards them. "They are my first creation, my direct descendants. They are witches.
Technically they are humans bit they have been imbued with powers. Powers to create and to destroy. You do not wanna mess with them"

"Mohanna", Baal said. He approached her. "Now that you've given us these powers, what makes you think we can't turn against you?"
Kira tilted her neck.
"You can try. But you're gonna regret it"
"Well as I said before, I'm hungry. And you're witches are worth nothing but food", Meliodas said as he walked towards the witches.
But he stopped abruptly and groaned in pain. His skin slowly turned red as if it was burning and steam left his skin. He looked at Kira and growled. His body returned to normal.
Malyen and Malach vamped to Kira and held each of her hands. Irina, Ivora and Iva held the normal vampires in place while Meliodas, Morova and the Shades all pounced on her at once.
Kira let out a loud, supernaturally amplified scream and a force left her body, throwing the vampires and shades away from her. She got to her feet growling in a low animalistic manner. Her pupils glowed silvery blue.
"Witches, stay out of this", she say.
Meliodas hissed as his eyes turned blood red but what happened next was unexpected. Kira vamped to him, lifted him up, threw him down, lifted him up again and threw him out of the cave. All within a few seconds. She was really, really fast.
Once outside, Meliodas burst into flames and his bones began to crack. He screamed as he writhed in pain.
Kira laughed at him then she turned to face the others.
"Now where were we? Vampires first?", she asked with a smirk.
She didn't wait for a response before she attacked the Primis. Within seconds, she had bested them all. None of them could match her speed, strength and combat power. When she took down the Primis, she looked at the normal vampires.
"Leave Elezalde, all of you. Go and increase your kind. But take heed, from 8PM tonight, don't let yourself get bitten by a Shade. Cuz tonight, every human that has committed murder, will become a shade in it's beast form and just a single bite from a shade is enough to end a vampire."
Then she turned to the shades.
"And while we're speaking of shades"
Baal stepped forward.
"Oh Baal. I would've liked for you to join your new species to fight me but..". Kira vamped to stand behind him. She put one of her hands on his chin and the other at the back of his head and she snapped his neck. He fell unconscious. "..our fight is gonna be one on one"
The remaining five shades went all out on her but she effortlessly dodged each of them as they came at her, either snapping their necks or breaking one of their legs. Delilah was the last shade standing. Kira vamped to her and plunged her fist into her chest. Delilah screamed. Baal regained his consciousness and vamped to Kira but she plunged her free hand into his chest making him scream.
"I know I promised you that we would have our own fight but I just remembered that there is something important that I have to do and I don't wanna waste my time here fighting you", she said. Then she withdrew her hands from their chests taking out their hearts with them.
"That was much easier than I thought"
"I don't think so"
Kira looked behind her and saw Meliodas, blood dripping from his mouth and the eldest member of the witch clan, lying on the ground dead.
He vamped to her, took her arms and flung her to the wall.