CHAPTER 7

"It's fun watching someone else suffer this after Kami did it to me"
"How can you even control pure light?", Baal asked while screaming and writhing in pain.
"Seems like you've forgotten that I'm the most powerful demon. Seems like you've also forgotten that before I became a demon, I used to be a light bearer. That's what my name means; light bearer. This is the type of light that blinds sinful humans. But..... tsk
.. tsk..... since we can't get blind, it just burns us"
Baal groaned in pain.
"I will kill that boy", he said.
"You'll do no such thing. Stand up"
As he said it, the room suddenly went back to it's dark state. Baal forced himself up panting and reeking of smoke. His clothes were torn and some parts of his body were bruised. Almost all the feathers of his wings were burnt.
"Now you'll go back to earth and fetch me ten innocent souls. Don't go to Elezalde. Go to Israel"
Baal looked up. Lucifer had already read his mind and he frowned.
"So you still fear Michael? This is the first time I'm opening my head to listen to another ancient's thought and this is what I hear? You know better than to disobey me. Don't fail me again Baal...... or else"
Baal nodded. Lucifer vanished, appeared on his throne and waved his hand. As he did the latter, Baal was thrown out of the throne room by an unseen force.
Now he was toast. He would either obey Lucifer and suffer Michael's torture or disobey him and suffer his own torture.

***
DEMONVILLE HIGH'S CANTEEN
Kira sat alone on the seat that she and Diego used to share. For over one week, he hadn't spoken to her.

Maybe he wants to breakup. And he's looking for a more calm and polite way to tell me. Uugh.
He shouldn't bother.

Just then, two ladies began arguing.
Sasha and Clara. Those two friends, they never stop bickering over something. Their argument soon escalated to throwing of plates and food and..... fighting.
Kira was trying to think but with the noise everywhere......
The canteen became rowdy as people began to separate the fighting ladies. Kira felt anger and power surge through her body.
"Enough!!!!", she yelled. She felt energy leave her mouth. Her voice was amplified and all the students kept quiet and looked at her, even the fighting ladies. She walked towards them.
"Why the fuck are you both fighting?",  she asked.
"And who the fuck are you to question us? Our mom?", Sasha asked with sarcasm in her tone.
"I have every right to question you both"
"And why?", the two ladies asked in unison.
"Because... because I'm a Guardian"
"As if. Guardians stopped existing a long time ago", Clara said.
"Well barfbag", Sasha said. "I don't have the time for people like you. I'm out"
As she turned to leave, Kira grabbed her hand and pulled her in with her gaze. She could feel the power surging in her.
"Tread carefully Sasha. You shall apologize to me now", she said but this time she felt no energy leave her. Though she didn't notice. Sasha looked around at everyone staring and back at her and busrt into laughter.
"So I'm not the only one who studies history? You were trying to compel me? You should try harder.", she said while laughing and then almost immediately, she assumed a serious face. "You are no Guardian", she said and left.