CHAPTER 18

Maximus stood few feet away from the shore, thinking of what to do. It was already night.

Even if I run, he'll still find me. He's the devil. Right?

Just then, he saw Kira and he became furious.
"Aren't you tired already?", he yelled in frustration.
Kira just walked up to him and seductively placed a hand on his shoulder.
"I'm not tired. I'm here to kiss you", she said.
"I'm not who you think I am. By the way, I don't need your kiss", he said taking her hand off his shoulder.
"Oh you most certainly do", Kira said grabbing him by the collars like one who is horny. Maximus pushed her away. His eyes glowed red and his form changed. His shirt got ripped out of his body. His body became red. Small horns and wings like that of a bat protruded his head and back respectively.

"This is who I am. And I'm sorry Kira but you gotta die now. You weren't supposed to find out about my true identity. Now you've given me double trouble with my master.", he said. But Kira kissed him. She kissed him so passionately like she had been craving him for a longtime, her hands slowly moving round his chest.
Maximus was confused. He wasn't meant to feel anything but he did. He grabbed her by the waist in an attempt to deepen the kiss but Kira quickly grabbed his neck and lifted him up.
Maximus was speechless.

Where did she get that strength?

He looked at her eyes which began to glow. It glowed red then it changed to blue green with a flash of silver in it. Huge gusts of wind began to blow and the ocean became violent. There were flashes of lightening and peals of thunder. Kira gave him an evil smile and he changed to his human form.
"Remember when I told you that whatever you are, I am greater? Don't worry, your master won't find you. 'Cause I'll annihilate you", she said. Maximus chuckled.
"The only person that has the power to annihilate me is my master", he said.
"Says who?", Kira said. "You're still a young demon. God can annihilate you. Infact he can annihilate anything and everything. Demons included. I also can do that. Any ancient including your father who is slumbering can annihilate you.
I would've destroyed you with fire but since your body can resist it, I'll leave you to the water and wind"
And then, she left him and the wind took hold of him and pushed him into the ocean and sank him. As soon as he sank, lightening descended on the waters. Kira closed her eyes. Raising her hands she said something in different language.

"Ite, aquas potentis et gehennae terrae ignes extinguite!".

The lightening went back into the sky and then a heavy rain began to fall.
Kira began to stagger and a voice started to speak in her head.
"You have done well. Now sleep and forget everything that happened here till the right time", it said softly and she blacked out.

***
HELLFIRE

Lucifer landed in front of the entrance of his castle in his demon form looking drenched. Mammon and Gusion materialized at the scene immediately.
"Hail Master", they both said in unison.
"Master", Mammon said, looking down. "You're drenched"
"The water is supposed to have dried up when flying through the scorching flames", Gusion said.
Lucifer glared at them.
"I know. That rain was sent by a very powerful supernatural but not God. The windows of heaven were sealed shut during the occurrence ", he said.
"Could it Baal?", Mammon asked.
"Are your flame brains not working or have you forgotten that our so-called Almighty God took away our powers to control water. The only demons able to control water are the water demons. However, they aren't strong enough to send a rain so strong it can quench the fires of hell and can't even dry up in hell."
"Then who could this be?", Gusion asked, more to himself.
"And to make it all worse, I can't sense Maximus. Seems like he was numbed or destroyed."
"True.", Mammon said. "He's not yet old enough to push himself into demon slumbers"
Lucifer's silvery blue eyes went darker.
"Asmoday!!", he called with a loud voice.
Not long after, a demon materialized in front of Lucifer. He had three heads. The one at the middle was that of a man, the one at the left was that of a bull and the one at the right was that of a ram. And the three heads all spoke at the same time.
"Hail Master!". Then he began to laugh. He was stained with blood.
"There is nothing more enjoyable and entertaining than torturing the souls of filthy humans. Especially those worshippers of God"
"Well, I'm afraid that you'll have to stop... for now."
Asmoday's smiley faces changed to a frown.
"Gather a legion of animalistic breed and you all should go to earth. Find Maximus. Destroy and maybe possess as many humans as you can".