CHAPTER 13

HELLFIRE

Lucifer paced round his throne room, furious. According to human time, it had been two weeks since he sent Baal to Israel to fetch ten innocent souls. Still he hadn't returned.
I can't even sense him.
Just then, Gusion materialized in the room. He was in his full demon form. Lucifer scoffed.
"What now?" he asked.
"Your deviousness, I just came back from Elezalde and I perceived a little hint of Baal's scent."
Lucifer was shocked. But he controlled himself. His subjects shouldn't see him shocked.
"So?", he asked.
"But...but.."
Lucifer heaved a sigh, not of relief.
"Begone"
Gusion lowered his head and vanished into smoke.

So Baal eventually went to Elezalde after my order. Well it's not like I need the ten souls anyway. I just sent him to Israel 'cause I knew that Michael would destroy him on sight.
Now where was his son?
He went into Baalzebuth's head and spoke to him.
"Come to the throne room. Now!", he said and after a few seconds, Baalzebuth materialized in the room. Before he could speak, Lucifer began.

"Your dad went against my orders. He went to Elezalde. I could've easily tracked him down but....", he said and a smirk appeared on his face. ".. I want you to do it."
Baalzebuth's eyes widened in shock and fear.
Why would he do this to me?
"Because I want you to prove your loyalty, competency and efficiency to me"
But my dad would kill me.
"No he won't. I didn't say you should attack him. Tell him to return to hell immediately. Also tell him that if I should come to earth myself just to find him, I'll bring hell with me. Besides it'll take a very great amount of energy for a demon to kill another demon. I am the only demon that can kill another demon without difficulty. Actually I and my sister "
Baalzebuth nodded. "Yes master". Then he turned to leave.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah. You're not going that name like that to earth."

Then he closed his eyes. Baalzebuth began to tremble.

When he opened them, they glowed a bright silvery color; the color that distinguishes ancients from other demons.

"You shall be called Maximus from now on.", he said, then his eyes went back to normal.

"What's your name?", he aksed.

"Maximus"

He held his mouth in shock.

"What did you do to me?"

Lucifer chuckled.

"I just messed with nature. Now go. And be sure not to expose yourself. I give you only three weeks to find your dad, deliver my warning and return to hell. If not, I'll bring hell to earth."

***

Kira laid her head on the desk feeling exhausted. What a long and boring chemistry lesson. Just then, she sensed a very strong presence approaching the classroom. How she sensed it, she didn't know. All she knew was that, there was someone approaching the classroom who's aura spoke.... danger.

Just then, Mr. Carter, the headteacher entered the classroom with a supercute, handsome guy.

And suddenly her heart beat increased excessively and her senses whirled, the warning signal increasing. She held her head in pain.

This.. this was the guy she saw in her dream. Maximus.

"Students, this dude will join your class today". Then he looked at him.

"Introduce yourself"

"My name is Maximus Zebuth. May I know your names?", he said with confidence.

What the fuck? The nerve.

When Kira's turn to introduce herself came, she glared at him.

"I'm AlmaKira", she said.

Maximus looked confused.

"I thought Guardians stopped existing a long time ago", he said.

"Um, Kira isn't a Guardian. Though she claims to be one", Misha cut in, loathing clear in her voice. Kira ignored her and then she saw Diego from the corner of her eyes. He was looking at her, his brain flooding with with thoughts.

Thank goodness, she hates him already. That means we can still continue our relationship. But we haven't spoken to each other for a longtime.

"Humans and their silly thoughts", Kira said to herself.

Wait! Did  I just hear his thoughts? No. It must have been a mistake. But I could hear them clearly like he was speaking directly to me.

Whatever.

But whoever Maximus is, I have to avoid him. He smells dangerous.