CHAPTER 14 PART 1

"OMG! Am I the one that doesn't understand what is and how to use manners?!", Kira yelled.

"Wait. So am I'm the one at fault now? Are you nuts?", Misha fired back. Those two ladies. They had been at loggerheads with each other since the disappearance of Sasha.

"Don't provoke me Misha", Kira warned, her brows shaping into a wicked curve.

"And what are you gonna do? And who the hell do you think you are?", Misha dared.

Kira had had enough. She walked towards her to slap her but a hand pulled her back. She allowed whoever was holding her because she felt power, almost uncontrollable surging in her. She closed her eyes and stabilized herself before opening them.

"I'll bring darkness into your life', she said and the person holding her took her out. The person took her to her classroom. In her fury she didn't pay heed to the danger signals her senses were giving her. It was when she calmed down that she decided to take a look at the person that brought her there and her mouth dropped open in shock, no words coming out of it.

"You! How dare you touch me?", she growled. Maximus didn't seem or look moved at all. He smiled mischievously and that angered her the more.
"Why are you always looking for someone to take offence at?", he asked.
Kira's frown changed into a wicked and deadly smile.
"Now let me warn you. Don't you ever touch me in your life again "
"And what are you gonna do if I touch you?", he dared.
Kira chuckled.
"You wouldn't wanna know. Even the devil himself will be surprised", she said.
"I'm so scared", Maximus said sarcastically.
"You should be", Kira said. "You would not wanna be on my bad side"
"You know...", Maximus said taking a step closer to her. "I'd like to see what you can do"
Then he turned and left.

Kira was stuck in the middle of being furious and being confused. A part of her wanted to destroy this guy and another part of her told her not to do it.
Yet.
Who could this guy be? And why was he pestering my life? There is only one way to find out.

***

Maximus sat down at an empty table at the centre of the canteen. Some girls and some gay dudes went to sit around him with their trays of food. Kira collected her own tray of food from the counter and heaved a sigh when she saw people surrounding him. She couldn't deny he was cute.
Well that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to get information and to do that, I have to make these shameless humans leave. My parents said that I'm a Guardian. And I know that I'm a much more powerful Guardian. But I can't just walk over there and compel them. There has to be a way.
Kira went to another empty table and sat there trying to think of a solution and suddenly an idea popped inside her mind.
What if I can get into their stupid heads and compel them to leave? But if I'm not mistaken, it'll require a lot of energy and concentration.

She closed her eyes trying to concentrate. She began to feel the power surge in her.
Just then, one of the waitresses bumped into her, breaking her concentration. She became furious.
"Hey!", she yelled. The waitress looked at her unapologetically.
"What? You should learn not to arc your back while sitting", she said and walked away.
Kira was about to stand up and go after her but she thought better of it.
I would not let this lady ruin my chance of befriending Maximus. I'll teach her a lesson in another way.
She closed her eyes again and she got into the heads of all the students surrounding Maximus.
"Carry your trays of food and leave. Go and harass the waitress over there and don't come back", she compelled with her thoughts.
And immediately, they all picked up their trays of unfinished foods and drinks and they left Maximus without looking at him. And they went and threw their foods, drinks, plates and trays on the waitress. They left her sitting on the ground, stunned.