CHAPTER 26

The Primis, the Shades and Maximus all stood in an open space in the forest. Somewhere in front of them inside a magic circle was the oldest member of the witch clan. Obviously resurrected. He sat on the ground breathing heavily.
Delilah looked at her hands.
"I guess the spell is working", she said.
"Where are those demons when you need 'em?", Malyen said.
Suddenly they heard a man yell and then go silent. They all looked at each other.
"I must say, you guys are pretty quick at turning humans into vampires "
They all held their breaths, forcing themselves to look confident as Kira stepped into the space.
But their efforts at looking confident faltered as they took in her appearance. She looked different.
Her aura felt more powerful and potent and dangerous and she had a few silver strands on her normally dark hair.
Maximus, the Shades and the Primis were speechless.
Kira looked to the corner and saw the witch.
"Pedro. So my resurrection spell worked. What have they done to you?", she asked without concern in her voice. He looked up at her.
"Please help me", he pleaded.
"You're a witch. A weak magic circle made with salt is not gonna stop you. Come out"
"He's no longer a witch. I gave him my blood before I killed him. And also probably before you cast your spell", Meliodas said.
"I see", Kira nodded. "You've underestimated me again. So is this how you wanna destroy me? Turning or killing every witch in existence?",
"Oh no. This is just the beginning of your agonizing torment ", Baal said as he held out a bell.
Kira chuckled.
"So you plan to destroy me with a bell? You're getting sloppy, Baal", she said.

Baal looked at Delilah and smiled and then he rang the bell. Kira held both sides of her head and groaned in pain. After a few seconds, she quickly raised her head up and grinned darkly. Baal stopped ringing the bell and they all stared in shock. They didn't see that coming.
"You see, if I was the same person I was before Maximus broke my spine and crushed my heart few hours ago, that bell would've probably knocked me out but..". She shrugged and vamped to Baal and kicked him. He was hauled backwards by the kick and his back hit a rock. Then she vamped into the magic circle holding Pedro, who had already managed to stand, she tilted his neck to the side, raised her head up and opened her mouth. Brandishing her fangs while hissing like a vampire, she reached down and sank her fangs into his neck. Pedro screamed and she pulled out.
Pedro's panting turned into growls and hisses. He stood properly, opened his mouth and exposed his elongated fangs. His eyes turned blood red and there were black veins below his lower eyelids.
One of the Shades growled and vamped to him but he stretched out his right hand.
"Impes", he said and some kind of force lifted the shade and threw him few feet away.
He then vamped out of the circle to one of the other shades and punched him, sending him backwards and he vamped back to stand beside Kira.
"H.. how is this possible?", Meliodas stuttered.
"You amateurs don't know the extent of my power. Isn't it my blood that created your three species? Pedro over here is now a vampire-witch hybrid, the first of his kind, which explains the black veins below his eyelids. And due to his witch part, he is now as strong as a Primis and he can't be killed with the same weapons that can kill a vampire", Kira said.
Maximus growled. His pupils turned blue.
He turned to the species.
"Leave him to me", he said.
But in the blink of an eye,Kira had him pinned against a tree.
"I don't think so", she said.
The others made to go help him but Pedro appeared behind Kira and stretched out his hand at them.
"Revolare", he said and some kind of force threw them backwards.
Maximus looked above him and saw a leafless branch with a sharp-looking end. He broke it from the tree and stabbed Kira on her side. She didn't even make any move or sound of pain. Rather, she chuckled.

"Are you trying to stake me? I'm not a vampire. And my pain tolerance is now very high"
With vamp speed, she threw him to another tree.
Baal made to vamp to him but Kira appeared at his front with an outstretched arm pointing at him.
"Que se rompan los huesos de la bestia, que se manifieste la bestia que esta dentro"
One of the bones on Baal's leg broke. He grunted and fell on his knees. Then all his bones began to break. He opened his mouth to scream but what came out was a roar. His canines had grown longer and looked sharper and his eyes were glowing yellow
Kira heard Maximus behind her and she stretched out her other hand at him.
"Sanguinem contra"
Maximus lost consciousness.
By then, Baal had fully transformed into a tiger. He growled and ran into the forest. Kira then faced the other shades.