CHAPTER 29

Diego didn't know why he went into the forest. Maybe instinct. But he just felt or somehow knew that Kara was there.
He moved deep into the forest till he found an open space and before he knew what was happening, someone with that same inhuman speed took hold of h and slammed him against a tree. When he looked at the person, a guy, he noticed that he wasn't the same type of creature that attacked him at school. This guy had yellow glowing eyes and four long canines, like a wild cat and the guy looked like he was struggling to stand erect.
"Leave him"
It was Kara. The guy looked at her and growled before speeding over to her. Kara didn't look bothered. She stood still and when the guy got close enough, she took hold of his face and snapped his neck with ease.
Diego's eyes widened. Kara looked up from the already unconscious body of the guy and looked at him.
"I must say, you are really stubborn. Though I can't help but wonder why I've compelled you twice but they seem to wear off", she said.
Diego opened his mouth to speak but something took over him. His head went upwards and he began to speak in an unknown language.

Kara's eyes widened in realization. Within seconds, Diego came back to normal, but he looked and felt different.
Kara's lips twisted into an evil smirk.
"I forgave Callista for her betrayal and here she is trying to make history repeat itself"
"Aren't you ashamed of yourself Mohanna? You're abominable enough as the tribrid that you are but making yourself look like your creatures? Oh bollocks"
"I would've loved to stay for some chit-chat but I can't let history repeat itself", Kara said.
"What are you gonna do? Feed on me? I don't think so", Diego said.
Kara smiled and vamped to a tree behind her. She broke out a leafless branch from the tree and launched it at Diego. It pierced his neck and passed through it to the back.
Diego gasped and held the branch, trying to pull it out but he was already losing too much blood and his oxygen supply was very low.
"You.. you'll pay for this, Mohanna", he managed to say before he fell dead. His body melted into a green puddle.
Kara heaved a sigh.
"Good riddance", she said and vamped off.

Hey y'all. Sorry for the incredibly short chapter.