CHAPTER 16

HELLFIRE

"Gusion! Maximus is associating himself with a female demon instead of focusing on the mission I gave", Lucifer said in an evil tone.
"But your evilness, at this point in time, there is no demon on earth, not even water demons, apart from Maximus and his father. They've all been sent back down here by ... you know who", Gusion said.
"Hmmm. I need to put Michael where he belongs. But that is not problem now", Lucifer said and brought his middle finger to his teeth. The nail on it grew into a claw and he began to chew on it. Gusion looked at him.

"What? I always chew my nails when I'm thinking. So this means that my sister reincarnated as a demon who is now associating with Maximus. That just made my work so simple. I just have to find both of them", Lucifer said.
"How?""
Lucifer smirked.
"I am the devil. I know every humans' desires and fears. So I'm just gonna plant fear in the hearts of every human in Elezalde. Of course, it would affect all but three people; Maximus, Baal and my sister"

***

Kira saw herself running away again; from the men with fangs.
"Run to the ocean!!", her inner Guardian yelled.
And then all of a sudden, the whole environment changed. Everywhere looked fiery and hot. Kira could hear screams of pain from a far distance.
Is this ..... hell?

The men began to change form. Bat wings broke out from their backs. Their skins looked burnt, torn and rotten. Their eyes glowed red and they had long canines. Horns protruded from the top of their heads. While Kira was still processing all this, the demons bowed. She almost sighed in relief, thinking they were bowing to her till she heard a footstep. She looked behind her and there stood, a demon looking more mighty and deadlier than the others. He smiled wickedly.
"I would've destroyed you physically but I'll let your fears do that", he said.
Kira felt a hatred so strong well up inside her. And then she felt a wave of boldness.
"I have nothing to fear", she said, looking at him straight in the eye.
"Oh you have a lot of things you're afraid of", he said as he came closer to her. "You're scared of who you are. You're scared of hurting your parents and everyone around you. You've already compelled someone to kill herself"
Kira looked down, her boldness fading away and being replaced by guilt.

The deadly demon could see it all. But he also looked like one who was in conflict with his emotions. His evil smirk became a frown.

"The past is past. The future can be changed. I can't be a destroyer like...like..."
"You're scared of becoming like...me!!!", Lucifer yelled as his eyes glowed brighter, smoke leaving his nose.

***

"Wake up, sleepyhead", Maximus said as he tapped Kira's lap. She woke up with a gasp. She quickly began to wipe her sweaty face. Maximus looked at her then through the car's window, outside.
"Hmmm. Why do I see fear everywhere?", he said, more to himself.
Kira looked at him, ready to lie.
"I fear nothing", she said. Maximus scoffed.
"Humans and their silly fears."
"What do you mean by humans? Ain't you a human?"
"I am. I am", Maximus stuttered, realizing his mistake.
Soon, they stopped in front of a hotel.
Kira looked at him.
"Why?", she asked.
"Well, this is the place that a lady would love to be brought to", Max said with an air of pride .
"What do I look like? A whore?", Kira yelled. She felt power surges coming up. She closed her eyes before they could glow. While she was still trying to control herself, Max touched her. His palm felt so warm on her cold skin.

"I know who you are."
At that statement, her heart skipped a beat and she was knocked out of her anger.
How did he know? Omigosh. What is he gonna do?
"Who...who am I?", she asked and Max smiled.
"You're one of these humans who suffered much in childhood. So much, they decide to shut their hearts. But I promise, that'll change today"
Kira heaved a sigh of relief. She forced a smile, took his hand and they both walked into the hotel.