CHAPTER 12

If only I could freeze this drip.
To her surprise, it froze.
Even the nurses were shocked.
Kira gasped as fear took over her. The frozen drip melted and boiled sending fast and hot streams of the liquid into her body. She screamed and went unconscious. Again.

The next time she woke up, she found herself at home. In her room, with her parents inside there with her. She held her head trying to recall all that had happened to her but she couldn't. It just felt as if nothing happened. Her parents just stood, holding each other at one corner of the room, watching her, with tears in their eyes.

"Well.. What?", she asked. But none of them replied. They looked..... scared.
Well that's none of my business.
She stood up and tried to move but she stumbled and suddenly, her mom rushed to hold her. She helped her sit and gave her a glass of water.
"It's okay, Kira. Drink", she said calmly.
Kira looked at the water inside the glass. Something inside her told her that she could control it.
Silly thoughts.
She gulped it down and in her mind, her nightmare flashed back.

***

"Your end is now, Mohanna!"

***

"Mohanna", she said, more to herself.
Cora almost gasped in shock but a gentle squeeze from Nico made her control herself. They couldn't let Kira know who Mohanna was.
Kira looked at them.
"Who is Mohanna?", she asked.
"I dunno", Nico said with a shrug.
"Is there a problem?", Cora asked.
"No", Kira lied.
She didn't want to but she didn't know when it left her mouth. The room went back to it's awkwardly silent state, again.
Okay that did it!
"Um, excuse me, can you leave?", Kira asked trying to sound as polite as possible.
"You..you want us to leave? Like go out?", Cora said and Kira nodded.
They nodded and left without any other word shutting the door behind them.

They took a few steps away from the door till they were sure Kira wasn't able to hear them.
"Nico, she's starting to manifest.", Cora said in whispers.
Nico didn't look concerned at all.
"I wonder why you're so worked up. We'll die anyways."
"What dou you mean we'll die?"
Nico gave her a "don't -you-know?", kind of look.
"I mean, how sure are you that it's true? Besides, we're old, so it's very possible that our magic has reduced in it's efficiency and accuracy.", Cora said.
Nico scoffed.
"And also, we have a child that is a full Guardian ", she added.
"No, no. Not just a Guardian ", Nico pointed out. "But also a half witch and a half demon. Oh. And not just any random demon; an ancient demon who'll usher in an age of despair and even probably destroy the de.."
"Don't remind me of that. It makes me think that she's not our child.", Cora cut him off.
"She's our child but she was chosen because she's a Guardian. It'll boost get powers. If I'm not mistaken, she'll be able to compel anyone, including us...even demons... except maybe.....the devil, her brother.

Cora forced back tears. Nico heaved a sigh, not of relief.
"Listen. Crying won't do you any good. It's better we tell her the truth, so that we can teach her how to control the evil in her. That's the only thing we can do now. By the way, when she was young, you were always willing to tell her about herself. Why did you stop?"
"No. Let's tell her at the right time ", she said, completely ignoring his question.
Nico groaned in frustration.
"You know what? You can go ahead and do whatever you like. I've already prepared myself for death. Whenever it comes, I'll go"
With that, he walked out, leaving his wife in tears.

***

As soon as Kira's parents left, she went back to bed.
Mohanna. Who could that be? Why do I feel that she is somehow connected to me?
Well, I'm too exhausted to think about all that crap. She laid down and as soon as her head touched the pillow, she drifted off.

***

Kira saw herself dragging Misha by the hair. She was walking down to the sea. She felt like the sea was calling her. Like it was demanding a soul from her. And that soul was Misha.
She cried out for mercy. She ignored her cries and carried her into the raging seat till she was waist deep in the water. Then she looked at her.
"Before you go, I'd like to let you know that Sasha, your best friend is dead . And who killed her? Well, I did."
Misha gasped.
"And I'm gonna kill you. Infact, I'm about to"
Just then, she saw a .. a.... handsome, cute guy running towards them.
"Stay out of this Maximus", she said. But the guy kept running.
"You made your choice then"
With that, she vanished.

***

Kira sprang up from her bed, panting and sweating. Another nightmare.
But.... but why?

QUESTION: Who do you guys think Maximus is? Pls leave your comments.