CHAPTER 14 PART 2

Kira didn't waste a second. She quickly stood up and seductively walked towards Maximus. He smiled mischievously.
"Ooooh. Look who's here. Are you here to challenge me again?", he asked.
"Nope. Not that you can do anything about it if I wanna", she said with a hint of underestimation. Maximus shook his head.
"You speak so little of me"
"And why shouldn't I?"

If only she knew.
"I am not normal", he said in a scary tone as he looked her straight in the eyes. But Kira didn't seem moved at all. She moved her lips close to his face.
"I'm also not normal. But I can bet that whatever you are, I am greater", she said.

Why did she use the word "whatever "? Does she know I'm a demon? No. She must be among these pathetic humans. I mustn't let her know or figure out what I am.
"Okay. Agreed. You are greater than I am. So why did you come to meet me?", he said.
Kira chuckled.

This dude really knows how to exchange words. These are the types I'll destroy when I rise in power.
Wait, what power? What am I even...
"Well... I'm waiting ", he said, interrupting her thoughts.
Kira quickly stood up to leave.
"This isn't working out", she said to herself. As she turned to leave, he took her hand and pulled her back. Then he stood up.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Look, how about we go on an outing?", he said.
"You mean a date?", Kira asked.
"Whatever you call it", he said casually. Kira scoffed and held his shoulder in a seductive manner.
"Don't you know how to talk to a lady? You behave like you just arrived on earth", she said.

Actually, I just did. Oh shut your mouth, Maximus. How did I even accept this name? My master is so powerful. If he is this powerful, I wonder how powerful God is.

"Nope, I didn't just arrive on earth", he said with a quick shake of his head.
"Okay whatever "
So Kira and Maximus became friends. But trust was one thing they never had for each other.
Kira still felt the danger signals around him. He spoke with so much confidence, like nothing could hurt him, like he was the Almighty that came down to dwell among men.
Well, if only he knew.
Meanwhile, Kira's nightmares continued.
A month passed and everything somewhat became normal. Kira stopped having nightmares. She even stopped sending the danger signals she had when she was around Maximus. Even Maximus seemed to behave more human.
All these till one night.

***