20: Thoughtful

_____
You slump down in your chair with a sigh.
A thought 'quickly' came to you. '....Im so fucking touch starved aren't I-'

It'd explain a lot. About your personality, and feeling of loneliness. You dont exactly- have- hugging friends? Basically you arent close enough to some people to do that.

Honestly, You didnt notice the lights turning off, and kids scrambling for naptime.
When you did, it was merely because you couldn't see what you were drawing. So, You put your stuff back in your bag, and decide to... Take a nap. During naptime. How appropriate.

Took about 2 Minutes for all the kids to settle down, in their sleeping bags. There were 19 kids today, But they were extremely active. So it took a little longer for them to 'chill'. 'I highly doubt that I'll need to do anything for naptime, so- a quick nap shouldn't be bad.'

You put in your headphones, so your alarm wont wake up the kids. You set an alarm for 15 minutes.
Then laid your head in your arms, and tried to fall asleep.

While- You're doing your thing, I feel like I should mention something. In a way, important to this story. You saw the title right?

Anyways,
You have been looking for a relationship. Sure, You've been staying off dating apps, and Sure, you havent been asking random people out, But that's because you want a... Friends to lovers scenario. Thinking it'll be the most comfortable way to go.

Of course, the idea of loosing a close friend, and suffering through that 'I dont like you in that way' Embarrassment, Made you think back on the thought.
...
Hasnt really stopped much however.
For now, a main problem is, the only person you'd clarify as a friend, isnt even a fucking person. And you'd still be embarrassed just telling them you find them as a friend.
Made you debate actually getting a dating app....

It makes sense! The two social platforms you're on often, is Wattpad and TikTok, And its not like anyone, got a 'Friends to Lovers' relationship off of wattpad.
So, Maybe a dating app will have to do.
Just because you want that 'Friends to lovers' scenario, doesnt mean it needs to happen.

____
You woke up an hour later. All the kids were eating.
Your headphones were plugged out of the phone, and your alarm was going, but there was no volume.

You lazily pick up your head, and straighten your posture. Scooting your chair a little closer to the desk. And in doing so, You felt something soft and light fall off your shoulders.
Looking down at your waist, You noticed you were wrapped in a soft blanket.

Looking back at the desk, you notice a pillow right where your head was laying.
Next to your computer, was a branded plastic water bottle.

You felt a bit of warmth spread your cheek bones.
'Did... Moon do that? Hm... How- Sweet.'
A small smile crossed your face, And you stand up, Folding up the blanket.

"Y/n! You're awake!" You heard a, Extremely familiar voice on the other side of the desk.
"Sun, I would've been fine waking up on time."
He pouted a bit. "Thats what I said! But Moon insisted on you getting extra sleep..." He tensed, Looking as though he was trying to find any negativity in your expression.

It didnt take long for his posture to soften. "-Are you mad at Moon?"
You let out a deep breath. "No. Im not. Was- He the one that- ya know.." You gestured towards the blanket, and Sun nodded quickly. "Yes Yes! It seems- oh. Sorry."
Reading your face of confusion easily, He continues to talk. "-Moon is getting mad at me."
"For what?"
Suns expression brightened a bit.
"I was going to say, That he's getting softer! He doesnt like that idea- And now Moon's definitely mad at me for telling you."

"Well, You tell him, that I appreciate the thought." You held a teasing smile.
Sun went around the desk, and grabbed the blanket and pillow from you. Before running off to put them away.
You said a "Thank you." Right before he was too far away to hear.

Sitting down, You get back on your computer. Opening up Wattpad again and continuing to read the story you were reading earlier. which was 13 hours long, but HEY!
Who's counting? Besides, You could always pull a all nighter if you need to.
Tomorrow is Saturday! And you dont have work on Saturday.

Sunny started to play around with the kids, Pretty sure they were playing tag.
Leaning back in your chair, You felt content. Of course you also felt tired, but thats because you just woke up.

You pulled out your phone, Occasionally looking over at the daycare kids.
And, Attendent-
Doesn't matter. They were having lots  of fun. And that made you happy. Of course, you were completely against joining their games, but still.

You missed being a kid... You could get ANYTHING. And nobody would shame you.
Of course, Shitting on the floof in a public area, Is shameful for everyone, no matter the age. But still.

Also just a small... Observation you made, Everytime Sun got tagged, he stared at you for a few seconds, like he was contemplating something. Before a kid would run by him, and he would start 'chasing them'.
Obviously, Slowing himself down, But these were kids.
____

(I'd consider this a short chapter... but- ITS FIINNNEEE 🤧)