A2-02: Outside Closed Doors

◇ABOA || ARCH 02◇

- CHAPTER 2

"Wonderful to see you again, Y/n."

"Thank you.. sir." You shifted a bit in your seat, the silence in the room eating away at you, maybe this was a bad idea. After all, working here doesn't say anything regarding the daycare attendants again.

He placed his papers back onto the table, your eyes followed his hands, before you flicked your focus back onto him, the second he started to speak. "Let's skip the formalities. Coffee?" He offered, a maker at the side of his table, you rejected politely, placing your hands clasped together in your lap.
"Right. This is a professional environment, as you are looking to be hired, however, you've worked with us before. After that silly management job you took up, I'd say it'd place you as more than qualified." He finally rested his arms on the table, after this entire time he and you made eye contact.

"But I can't help to be concerned. . . With you quitting your previous job, and the one we offered prior. Only after a year, as well. While if I'm not mistaken we haven't seen you for. . . Three."
Ah. Yeah. You worked at the office far longer than the plex. Oops.

You straightened up in your seat, "And I'm honored you still remember me. Really. I promise, my loyalty still stands with this company, I just needed time to remember how much I prefer this working environment, and the people here. It won't happen again. Last time, wasn't worth it." Leaning forward a bit, you tried to finesse this situation, you've gotten this far.
Too late to chicken out.

"And I'm sure it won't.." He started, before his gaze focused back on the table infront of him. "The new hires here have been working for a couple months. . . Sharing the job you wrangled for a year. Three of them. As far as I know, no complaints have been made." He informed, leaving your face an expression with almost obvious distaste.
"-yet..." He continued, getting your attention back. "-Seems all of them are reluctant to be promoted to taking charge of the daycare. You've been in there longest, still. After the last manager went. . . Away, half a year ago, would it be wrong for me to find you best fit?"

. . .
Wait what?
Deadass?
And in the daycare?
Oh my fucking Freddy.

Your expression brightened, but you were able to contain a smile, "Really? That seems like a bit of a jump for just coming back."

He waved off your worries, shaking his head. "It's nothing you can't handle. Same deal as before, except you'll be taking the daycares naptime, and sometimes past, to work in the daycares' office. Inventory keeping, customer complaints, tracking employees' rates, etc, etc...etc."
Your expression quickly dropped.