26: Stalker-ish Behavior

(WOOT WOOT)

-
One of two things could be happening right now.
1st, they could've been still in the room, and didn't speak to you, or was hiding.
Or 2nd, they were charging and you were just too tired to actually see them.

The second option is always preferred. But who knows? Maybe it's something else and you just didn't have the creativity to think of any other realistic possibilities.
'I could ask later, couldn't I? It might be embarrassing. . . So if I decide to, I'll probably shouldn't be blunt.'

You slightly jumped, remembering to put every kid in attendance.
Actually, you started getting used to this. And marking off kids was the easiest part.

The hard part, was when a kid would go up to your desk, and you needed to deal with them for 20 minutes or so.
The day flew by, and time felt instantly slowed the second the last kid left the daycare.
"Sunnn? Can you come here for a second-" You got cut off by an announcement. "Could Y/n L/n come to room E14 immediately?" The announcement repeated, before ending in a 'thank you'. You immediately sank in your seat.
"Ohhh shit. . ."
"Did you do something, Y/n?" Sun went up to you. He seemed to be a bit relived when the announcement came on.
"No. . .-" You inhaled a sharp breath through your teeth. "-I hope not."

Sun quickly smiled. "Okay, Goodluck!" And immediately went back to cleaning.
That room was the office for a higher up. You didn't have any memory of meeting them, but that just made it all the more stressful.

-

You hesitantly gave the door a knock. A voice spoke from inside. "The door's unlocked."
You tried to swallow the lump forming in your throat, as you pushed the door open.
"Ah! Y/n! Yes, yes, take a seat."

The first thing you noticed, was Aria sitting in a chair. There were two chairs across the desk, and she was sitting on the right.
The man that called you in, seemed like an average boss. Suit and tie, 6'2, slick back black hair, glasses, a small stubble, sharp jawline and a few rings spread out on his hands.

You slowly took a seat, careful not to fall over yourself. He opened his mouth to speak again, but a continuous buzzing came from his pocket.
He took out a phone, and made his way to outside his office. "Give me one second."

Once the door was shut you turned your attention to the girl. "Why are you here?" You whisper-yelled, not taking the chance of thin walls.
"I was just passing by, and he asked to talk with me! I didnt say anything, I swear!"
"And tell me why, I don't believe that."
"Then you have major trust issues. I didn't do anything! I promise."

You sighed. "Let's just hope we aren't in trouble then."
"You think it could have something to do with our-"
And the door open. The two of you straightened up, and stayed quiet.

The temptation was there, to defend your case, but it you weren't in any kind of trouble, that'd make you seem hella suspicious.
The guy sat down, across from the two of you, and propped his elbows on the desk.
"I'm sure you both are wondering why you're here, and don't worry, you aren't in trouble."

He grabbed two containers, that reminded you of a center piece on the daycare desk. He handed you each one, and gave a smile.

"Recently, the mechanics noticed the animatronics all have slow changes in behavior, making them seem less semi-sentient, but actual sentient creatures. For this company it seems. . . Quite disturbing.
We don't have the money to replace each animatronic, nor do we think changing their code would be a good idea."

You and Aria made eye-contact, and you made an expression that said, 'uh-oh.' Hoping she'd understand.
She eyed you for a second, before talking quietly, trying to ask a question. "I'm sorry sir, but what does this have to do with us?"

"I want the two of you, to analyze them. Try and test how much they go against their code, and programming. If they become like us, this company will still need to know how to control them. We need the people to believe everything is just make-pretend.
The reason I am giving you high level security ID'S, is so you have no limits with this. And don't worry, I'll make sure your paycheck increases, even maybe a bonus at the end of the week! Any questions?"

You cleared your throat. "Uh, yeah. I have one. What do you mean, if they become like us? You think AI could go there?"
It's not that you believed otherwise, but, you were curious about this for a while. And since you have the chance to ask, you will, for confirmation, yaknow?

"I, as well as a few mechanics believe so. The original code and build of our characters, was made by a genius. If that man couldn't achieve real Artificial intelligence, nobody except his son could.
Besides, you'll find out this way, right?"

You sunk in your seat slightly. "Why do I need the ID though? Sun can't leave the daycare, and Moon only does at night."

"That brings me to my next point. The two of you, will be starting night shifts. Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Don't tell the animatronics what we talked about. Y/n? I expect you try and convince Sun to follow you out the daycare. Or, make Moon miss a patrol. Sound good?"

-
Well, isn't that lovely? The small meet carried on for a few minutes longer, before you were sent home for the night.

That night, you quite literally lost sleep, wondering how the hell you'd do anything he just asked of you.

And when Tuesday arrived, things actually seemed a lot calmer than you expected.
However, you still planned on asking Sun about the whole, 'Room' thing.

You clocked in earlier than usual, hoping to get a conversation with Sun before the kids arrived.
However, Moon was put when you arrived instead.

You pushed open the daycare doors, and put all of your stuff down. You could hear a deep chuckle echoing through the daycare walls.
Around 5 minutes passed, and you turned around to face Moon. Who was, expectedly right behind you.
"Do you, need something?"

He hummed. "Yesterday, what happened?"
"Well, I was just given more add-ons to my job here." You added annoyance to your tone.
"Ohh? Do tell."

"I have night shifts now. For some reason. Uh- And I got a higher level badge."
"And?"
"There's no 'and'. Thats about it."
Moons smile stretched, like he wanted you to say that, and he knew it was a lie.
"Here I hoped you'd still tell us. You think the other girl keeps her mouth shut? Course not, it's how she gets a raise every month."

It took you a hot second to comprehend, but when you did, you gasped over dramatically, and stood up. "DID YOU FOLLOW ME?"
"I wish. But I couldn't. Sun did."

-

(DUN DUN DUNNN
THEY BOTH SEEMING KINDA SUS RECENTLY NGL 🤨🤨🤨)