34: Sleeping-over (2/3)

(This chapter took longer than expected... because.. well... uhhHhh)

(Annmdd... perhaps working on a visual novel... don't quote me on that.)

(Warning: This sleepover is full of flirting and slight tension scattered here and there.)

-
Sun went in the Playstructure one more time, his arms loaded in pillows. You gasped, laughing a bit, "Okay, Sun, I think that's enough for now."
He frowned in response. "Aww... So no drinks? I was gonna get some juice for you-.."
Rolling your eyes sarcastically, you let him go. "You've convinced me. I'd love something to drink."

You wanted to come up with something while he was away. Something fun to do for the three of you. 2 people hide and seek with extra rules? Truth or dare, and invite an employee to add another person to keep things interesting? You didn't know.
-

You stepped out of the structures for a second, in order to plug in your computer charger and feed it through the net, but you got back to the pillow-corner before Sun did just a moment after.
"Oohh~!" You awed playfully at the juice boxes, and pointed to them. "Wowww! A cooler would be perrfectt with those!" You hummed, Sun stared at you for a second, as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Oh.. come on Y/n! I know I want to bring a lot here, but I got hyped up for that being my last trip!"

You rolled your eyes jokingly in response, and set aside your current chip bag, rolling up the top of the packaging. "I'm thinking. . . While we- I still have energy, let's do something fun!"
That got Sun's attention. He leaned forward a bit, his mannerisms seeming more cheerful or... energetic. "Hmhm! Yes! I agree!"

You stood up. "It has to be something that let's you two switch out constantly. For adrenaline and strategy reasons." You started brainstorming outloud, and Sun seemed a bit confused. "So you don't have something already planned-?" He asked quietly, but you quickly spoke after, crossing your arms. "We can do a twist on tag!" You declared, and that brought Sunnys mood straight back up again.

Here are the rules! Plain and simple, it's a play off of hide-and-seek tag.
The runner gets a total of 2 passes the game, and if they use a pass they need to turn on or off the lights, and 'It' is frozen for 40 seconds.
However! If the runner gets tagged before the 15 minutes is up, not only are they it, but the lights switch again!

And obviously, whoever is the runner by the end of the 15 minutes, wins—if there's mutiple runners, it's the runner with the most passes remaining, or were standing the farthest from 'It', but we don't need to worry about that—.
Oh, what's that? You don't get it? It's fine, you'll get the jist.

You asked Sun if there was any questions, and there was a beat of silence before he said something. "Moon wants to know if there's any prize we should be aiming for." You hummed, nodding, "That is a pretty good question."

...

...

...

Smiling, you stuffed your hands in your pockets. "How 'bout. . . Whoever wins gets a freebie question, whatever they ask has to be answered truthfully."
And that's how you came to a simple agreement.
Honestly, it was a pretty cheesy and basic way of going about this, but you all decided, that in the end, there wasn't many prize options to begin with.

After flipping a coin, you were given the role as.... uh... not it. After a little banter, and your wishes, it was also decided that you were given a headstart.

You immediately ran towards a back corner. Behind one of the towers, you tried to angle yourself, so you'd be the least visible, but still make a.... quick enough, get-away. Taking in deep breaths to quiet yourself down, you finally hear one small bell. It was far away, but it told you that the game has officially begun.
There was a switch sound, like a click, that echoed throughout the halls of the daycare, the bouncy music coming to a complete halt.

Silence.
Then the jingle of bells were back, the footsteps sounded light, and closer together, Sun wasn't skipping, but calmly walking. Which shouldn't have made you as nervous as it did.
It seemed so. . . Out of character! And you were already slightly stressed.

As the footsteps got closer, you moved your hand from the wall to your mouth, and they footsteps came to a complete halt.
'Oh fuck, that was a really bad choice, wasn't it?' You cursed yourself, and glanced over the tower, and saw nothing there.

"You know, Y/n, Moon has a question he's been dying to ask. I'm sure that makes you curious, yeah?" Sun hummed, before the footsteps started again, and they didn't seem to be getting too much closer.

Comically, there was a loud 'THUD!' and you looked over, Sun was face-planted, a couple a feet away from you, then glancing up at you. You two shared a moment of silence, and right before Sun stood up, you said, "Uh-uh. You are staying right there. I'm not getting tagged THIS early."

He sat up, as you walked out, and he awkwardly laughed. "I was gonna try and tackle you again! Last time- well not that I'm mad, or wanted to be on top of- oh my god that sounds bad." Sun sighed, a slight look of dissapointment darkening his face, mixed with embarrassment as well. You rolled your eyes, giving him a grin, and walking backwards in order to face him. "Mm... that's okay, I'd rather be on top of you anyways." You shrugged, turning back around.

Sun gasped, "WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?? Now I seem like the weird one!!" He called out from his spot, waving his arms to empathize his point, but you weren't paying too much attention on him once you turned off the lights, as you were more focused on running your ass off.

Making sure not to lose too much stamina, as you didn't want to be heard, you found a temporary hiding spot, and camped there until you heard a bell.
Using the play structures to as cover, you made your way to the other side of the daycare, slowly, taking off your shoes early on to make quieter steps.  You finally found a spot. It was the second floor of the Playstructures, as you knew Moon liked his.. rope-thing, and you had a few back-up-plans in this spot.

Unlike with Sun, who was participating like it was a fun game time with kids, it didn't seem like that was Moons plan, as it was eerily quiet. No more jingles, footsteps, mechanical clicks. Hell, there wasn't even a whirring of back-hook!
You wondered if he moved at all, but leaning way forward to see a glimpse of Sun's previous spot, he clearly left that spot already.

"Gotcha." You heard Moon voice from your right, whipping your head over, Moon was on the other side of the net, but as soon as you started backing up, he dropped down to the first floor, there was only a soft thud that proved it.
Clearly, that was definitely him mocking you a bit, as it'd be a stupid move in most situations, but you weren't going to trust that Moon didn't know what he was doing, so you went the opposite direction of the nearest entrance, hiding out there, though you did plan on moving quite a bit more.

(This ended up being shorter than I had hoped.. but, I wasn't about to let myself fall behind new updating rules!! So here ya go.)

(Next chapter may take around three weeks, since it'll be longer in order to make up the 1000 words I missed out on here!!)