Christmas Special! (23')

(This chapter takes place a bit in the future! It hold a few spoilers, but i couldnt NOT add it, since when this takes place, theres a lot of new dynamics that are mentioned a LOT... But I numbed it the best i can with it still fitting :])

(Merry—late—Christmas everyone. <3)

"Secret Santa!"

"Secret Santa!"

"Secret Santa!" The kids cheered hastily, as you sat in front of them, and put the final name in the bucket.
"Sun, can you mix this for me?" You asked, handing him the bucket, and he agreed happily, taking it from you.
The room went silent.
After Sun gave you the bucket back, you shook it in front of you, and held it out. "Who wants to go firs-?" You almost asked, but got interrupted, as June stood up quickly. "No, no! You're bias!" She complained, and you and Sun stared at her quietly.

"Aren't you a bit too old to be-" Sun started, but June interrupted again. "Since I'm the oldest now, you should give ME the bucket!" She huffed, holding her hands out to you. "Are you sure you don't just want to cheat so you'll get Timothy?" You asked deadpanned, and the room went silent. June pointed at you with a frown. "I told you that in pride!"

You leaned back and you and Sun gave eachother a 'ohhh, boy' look. You sighed, "I don't really care, it's completely random anyways." You shrugged, and June jumped up, smiling wide, and took the bucket as soon you held it out, she sat in the center of the group, holding the bucket as high as she could. "My fellow le-h-gions! We are here to c-h-elebrate, the return of Mx. and Mr.S-h-un! Whoever gets thee, had better be stressed out!"

...

'Has she always had a speech impediment?'

"Wait, just to double check.. everyone has their name in the bucket, right?" You asked, and got a series of synonyms regarding 'yes', there was a light tap on your shoulder, Sun was nudging you to look back at the desk.
There a worker waved wildly at you, pointing to their watch, and you stood up quickly. "Oh shoot, morning shift is over, I gotta get to my office, Sun." You reminded him, and all the kids went silent. He gasped slightly swaying a bit. "Yup! Okay! ... You're still coming back in the afternoon right?"

You checked the time on your phone, 7 minutes left. Stuffing it back in your pocket you sighed. "Not today, sorry Sunny. Say hi to Moon for me, would you?" You requested, giving Sun ironic finger guns as you walked backwards a few steps. June laid on the floor, in a dramatic 'Oh shit I just got stabbed! Time to pick final words!' Fashion, putting her hand under her chin. "Hey Mr.Sun! Tell him Y/n missseesss him...~!" The kids erupted in a chorus of "Oooooo!"'s as they all wore shit eating grins.

Your smile dropped, and you tried willing the blood to flow out of your face. "What? Where'd that come from?" You asked the group, trying to not sound irritated. "Mx.YN is blushing!!" You turned your head quickly, "Hey! I'm not blushing, I'm just embarrassed!"
Timothy stood up, pointing at you dramatically. "I knew it! You were flirting!" You waved your hands, "Huhhh?" You gasped, trying to save your reputation, but... slightly failing as the kids clearly weren't wavering.

Sun turned to you. "Moon says hi back." He informs you, making the room go still for only a short moment. "OOOOOOOO~!" The kids cheered, and you sighed, giving Sun a 'why would you even' glare. He just shrugs. June hands you a piece of paper. Ah, probably from the Secret Santa. "This is random, right?" You tried to confirm.. but even though June swore it was, you still had your doubts. As you closed the door, and looked at the paper. A roughly drawn sun and moon. The literal ones, not the animatronics.

As you left the door, you let out a loud gasp, saying in a loud teasing voice. "Hey there's no words on this! That must mean I have a freebie!" You exclaimed, hearing a loud "NOOOOO!!" From the daycare in response.
A small smile spread your face as you looked over the note, over, and over again. It was two little pictures, but the things you could do! Besides, you didn't know hell of what the kids would want. Being the only one there who can actually buy something... it would've been bad of you've gotten anyone else.