Together pt 1

Katya shuffled her way through the throngs of people in the hotel lobby, as she headed for room number 206. A chi tea was balanced in one hand, and in the other a muffin of some sort that looked even better than it had through the glass. People whizzed by left and right, and as annoyed as Katya was about the crowd, she felt better knowing they were there for her. The Ru Paul's Drag Race Tour was never something she thought she would go back too, but Trixie could talk her into anything.

If Katya had been in full drag she would have had to stop dozens of times for fans, but under the mask of Brian she was able to run about freely un noticed.

Katya swiped her room key, and waited to hear the click before entering.

" trix I'm here! Are you decent?" Katya joked placing the purchased food on the entry way table.

" since when do you care if I'm decent." Trixie laughed as she emerged from the washroom. She was almost fully in drag, aside from a wig and lips. Katya stared at her boyfriend in utter awe.

" how you are able to push yourself to get into drag at 10 am is beyond me mama" Katya said sitting on the bed and pulling out her phone.

The pair had been best friends for seven years, and dating for three. Out of all the girls on tour with them it was easy to see who the fan favourites were. Although they were dating, they still acted as if they were just close friends. It was comforting to see how close the queens were with each other.

" Alright while you eat I'm going to get into drag. I left your stuff on the table" Katya said heading into the shared bathroom. Doing early morning coffee runs brought purpose to katyas morning and gave her a reason to roll out of bed early.

" by the way I checked out of my room to stay here. Is that okay?" Katya said leaning her head out of the room. All of the queens on tour had been given individual rooms, but it didn't make much sense for the two of them when they already lived together outside of tour life.

" no bitch that's not okay. I've only been living with your ass for two years." Trixie teased as she rummaged through her suitcase, before pulling out a small bag filled with carefully selected jewelry.

" Ugh you fucking cunt!" Katya called out. Their relationship on world of wonder, and other television series didn't in any way differentiate from the way they interacted day to day. Their fans adored them, and had been shipping them since day one.

Neither of them were very sappy, or emotional people so they didn't often express affection unless it was needed. And they were both okay with that.

***********

" Your favourite bitches are here!" Katya yelled as she and Trixie entered the room of drag queens. The large makeshift dressing room was clearly meant for big events like weddings or baby showers, but instead 30 queens were crammed themselves in.

Katya made her way to a spot beside Alaska and Trixie went over to Kim.

" heeeiiii" Alaska said as Katya threw her makeup case onto the vanity.

" hey Lasky. I haven't seen you at all!" Katya said truthfully. Although the girls were in the same hotel, their rooms were so spread out it didn't much matter.

" ugh I know. I'm on the third floor and Gia Gunn is I. The room beside me" Alaska groaned visibly annoyed.

The dollss are the dollss. Katya inwardly repeated the phrase. It was sort of an inside joke between her and Trixie, and doubted Alaska would understand.

" where's your room?" She asked applying hairspray to her messy blonde wig.

" I'm with Trixie in 206. It's close to the cafe in the lobby thank fucking god cause Trixie is a hungry girl" Katya laughed, not even making an effort to touch up her red lipstick.

" of course you guys are sharing im such an idiot." Alaska sighed eyes scanning around for Detox.

Katya felt arms sling around her shoulders as Trixie threw herself on top of her.

" your going to die up there" Trixie whispered into katyas ear causing a long laugh to ensue. She lightly squeezed trixies arm as the two cackled on about nonsense nobody but them would understand.

Trixie looked at her makeup in the mirror, making no move to let go of Katya. The other queens watched from a distance as the most powerful queens since ru Paul herself conversed.

" alright I have to go to a meet and greet and you have to go onstage. Break a leg" she said releasing Katya form her grasp and kissing the top of her forehead.

Small kisses were their way of saying I love you without ever actually having to say the words.

************

The show went amazingly for Katya, but not so much for Trixie. It was clear that something had been bugging her the entire time they were onstage and Katya couldn't  for the life of her figure out what it was.

" Hey kat, can you go see trix? I think she wants to talk to you" adore called into the room of queens that were de dragging.

" coming!" Katya called as she e,edged from the crowd, and walked to the doorway to see adore.

" she backstage, we tried to comfort her but she just keeps flinching and saying she's fine." Katya nodded solemnly.

The minute Katya saw Trixie sitting on the floor backstage with her headphones in she knew what was wrong.

Without hesitation Katya wrapped an arm around Trixie and signalled for her to stand up. Adore watched the scene form the sidelines and took in now Trixie didn't flinch once while Katya held her.

************

" alright Mary what happened?" Katya asked. The two of the, were sitting back in their hotel room. Katya was sitting on the floor Infront of Trixie carefully removing her boyfriends makeup.

" ugh I have a migraine, and during the meet and greet I accidentally hit someone in the eye with my shoe" Katya stifled the urge to laugh, as the image of Trixie wacking someone in the face with her heels popped into her brain.

" I,, sorry trix that sucks."  She knew that Trixie got emotional over these things.

Trixies response came as a low grunt as she let her tired makeup stained face fall into place, on Katya neck.

Katya quickly became aware of the wetness on his shoulder and realized Trixie was crying.

" oh brian" Katya said rubbing small circles on her back.

"Can you just hold me for a few minutes" trixies voice cracked as Katya continued to rub her back.

" of course I can" she whispered as Trixie allowed the full weight of her head to sink into katyas shoulder.

A few minutes went by, wi5out either of them uttering a word. As hard as it was to believe, they were capable of turning off the funny.

" fuck alright, we have to meet the group for dinner" Trixie said lifting her now puffy eyes.

" you sure you want to?" Katya asked still holding trixies waist.

" I'm good brian, honestly. Thank you" she said leaning in and giving him a small peck on the lips.