Chapter 4:Wake at the Break of Dawn

The next morning was coming for them and Brett woke up right at the dawn as he always did. He had to water and feed the chickens and herd the sheeps on the fields they needed to go. Only when he blinked his eyes open and noticed the warm body of a deer beside him, he remembered what happened. He laid his head back down and snuggled closer to the deer, sniffing quietly at him and laying a hand on the back. Eddy was pretty warm and Brett was ready to doze a bit longer until the deer was up as well. It would be very impolite to wake up his gracious host after all.

Eddy was out like a rock, or a corpse, minus the fact that he was still breathing. He would most likely stay like that until he had to be up to work in the garden or show Brett dens he could claim as his own.

Brett in the meantime was watching the deer occasionally, stroking the back very carefully and marveling at the soft texture. He doubted he would ever get over how soft it was. He was silent the whole time, just enjoying the moment. His heart fluttered when he thought about how nice and accommodating Eddy was to him, a total stranger. Wasn't the deer afraid he would harm him? Or he didn't take him for full because he was so tiny. Regardless of what it was, he was happy about it.

Eddy's ears twitched a bit as Brett pet him, his fluffy white tail even wagged back and forth with every pet he got. He may be part human but he still had a lot of animal instinct in him and his instinct told him that he liked pets.

The faun grinned as he got the positive response and he started petting the lower back, right above the tail. The master's dog and the barn cat liked that a lot and he surmised Eddy was the same. He scratched the coat there, mindful of not hurting Eddy, just giving him some really nice sensations.

To no surprise, Eddy's tail wagged even more. He made a small sound of happiness, it was great.

Brett's instinct served him good. He repositioned himself and put his second hand on the deer as well, petting and scratching him.

Eddy grumbled softly, it was incoherent though so it was hard to tell what he was saying. His tail told Brett well enough though. Slowly his eyes fluttered open with a yawn escaping his lips.

Hastily Brett turned the scratching into massaging. He didn't want to be accused of taking advantage of Eddy's sleeping state. Which he still totally did, but oh well.

Eddy blinked owlishly, his eyes traveled to the faun. A lazy smile grazed his lips, "Did you start grooming me again?"

He didn't think it was anything malicious.

"Kinda. I massaged you. To kind of thank you for everything. Sleepy you seemed to like it. Is it okay if I keep that up?"

Brett smiled at the sleepy thing and continued to massage him.

"Hmmm it's okay," Eddy yawned again. He stayed laying down, finding it too relaxing to actually get up yet, "Did you sleep well? How early is it?"
The deer wanted to be polite to the guest he was hosting.

"A bit after dawn. I don't know when you need to be up, but it's very early. And yes, I slept good. Thank you for sharing your den with me." He wouldn't mind if they would do that more often but even he knew that was too pushy. Instead he kneaded the back, traveling upwards so his hands didn't touch Eddy's butt inappropriately.

"I probably should be at the garden soon," Eddy closed his eyes, he was still tired. A little bit of relaxation for a bit longer wouldn't kill him, would it? Maybe Belle would be a tad bit disappointed but that was of no consequence.

Also Brett could help him and he would shoulder all the blame. The faun smiled and kneaded the back, focusing on loosening up the fascias to release the tension between he muscles and the skin and for some knots to become undone. Eddy was not really the worst patient he ever had - for he had only three now - but he was tight under the skin. With help, he could get rid of that in no time. And he could touch the deer every day.