Some Things Simply Are

The faun was content, but one question was burning in the back of his throat. Was it too early? Probably but he needed to know. So he opened his eyes, training his eyes on Eddy.

"Uhm, this might sound crazy but I wanted to ask you something. You can decline of course. Uhm, how do I put it..." He nibbled on his lower lip and halted. He was unsure, but he really wanted to know. But was that acceptable? Maybe Eddy didn't like that. But maybe he did? But what if he was hated for it? "Uhm.. nevermind," he mumbled, disheartened. Silence was better than rejection.

Eddy blinked slightly, not sure what Brett was going to ask but it was probably better to let Brett ask it in his own time. It was never good to press someone for anything, "Oh okay. Do you want to rest a bit? This is a really nice spot for that."

Discouraged, Brett nodded and detangled from Eddy to lay against his deer side. Well, this was not going well. Maybe he needed more of the mysterious 'courage'-fruit he read about in a book from the mistress. It couldn't hurt him. The geep laid his head on the back and rubbed his cheeks over the coat there.

"Do we need to go to Belle today?"

"We can do that later, there isn't too much to do." Not like there were many sick people that needed their herbs and Brett had done a lot of the tasks already. They had the time to just relax. That was the conclusion that Eddy had landed on, "Life is more than work."

That Brett didn't understand but he thought he would in time. Here was the motto 'Life first, then work' apparently. He would adapt.

So the faun snuggled closer and pressed a gentle kiss on the coat. He was no cat so licking was out of the question. He would feel stupid with a mouth full of hair. Brett giggled at the thought. He would leave that to Ray.

Eddy laid down and curled around Brett a bit. Well, as much as he could. It was a bit awkward when it came to positioning his body. He could work with it though.

They napped for quite a few hours in that position. Brett stirred when Eddy moved a bit and he sleepily blinked his eyes open. They were still alone and the sun was still shining softly onto them. He yawned and looked at the sleeping deer. He was so cute!

Brett started what he did before: massaging Eddy while the deer was asleep. This time without assaulting him in his sleep beforehand. He would ask him if he wanted to kiss when the deer was awake, Brett swore to himself. It was just a simple question right?

The faun started on the deer's back again, working his way down. But he stayed away from the butt. They were not in the den, there was no telling if someone was watching and he still had the warning words of Ray ringing in his ears. He would ask Eddy that as well. Because he knew it was better to ask beforehand now.

Slowly Eddy awoke, his eyes fluttering open, although his eyes remained heavily hooded. The cervitaur looked at Brett through his lashes, "Hmmmm, did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you for asking. Did you sleep well as well?" Brett massaged the last tailbone again before working his way up to the more safe places and smiled brightly at Eddy, "It still feels weird to sleep while technically work needs to be done though. I can't shake off the feeling that I waste too much time on nothing."

"I slept well too, I always do after lunch." Eddy stayed laying down,he didn't want to move yet, so he wouldn't, "You're not doing nothing, you're resting which is good for the body and the soul."

Eddy yawned and rubbed his cheek against the grass.

"I feel like when I'm resting I'm wasting precious hours of work." And not to mention the cold shivers that ran down his back when he jerked awake, fearing the master and his cane on his back. It was hard to let go of this when not even a full week ago he was in that type of situation. Lying through his teeth about things and making sure he didn't make a mistake. That was also why he was kneading Eddy now. It made him feel useful and needed.