Warmth of You

Eddy didn't know how much time had passed, it had felt like he was laying there forever. He felt cold, even if he was in the warmth of his region now. Eddy figured it was because getting himself wet. It was like his body couldn't decide if he was burning up or freezing to death. The cervitaur curled in on himself as a way to try to conserve body heat until a hot flash would come and liberate him from the cold. He had never expected one little trip to have screwed him over this much. It really didn't help that all he could do was wait for his friends to come back.

While Eddy lay defenseless in the open field, Brett ran and got help. Ray was easy enough to find and was even as kind as letting the faun mount on his back so they were faster.

It still took some time, but finally they saw the spent deer on the dying grass.

"Eddy!"

Brett jumped off Ray and hastened to Eddy.

"Eddy, oh my god, are you okay?" Even a blind man could see he was not, but Brett couldn't help himself. He fell right beside the body and touched the forehead. It seemed that a hot flush was coursing through Eddy's veins right now. The deer was red in the face and panted.

Ray drew closer and watched the very defenseless tasty looking deer.

Eddy blinked his eyes open upon hearing his friends. A lazy smile pulled at the corners of his lips, "You came back."

He didn't really hear Brett's question, he was just happy that both of them were there. It meant he didn't have to wait any longer, which was good news to him.

Brett exchanged a worried look with Ray.

"Of course I came back, I would never leave you behind. Ray, can you help him? Please?"

The faun looked desperately at the panther who came closer as well. This did not look too good. Ray looked over at Eddy, trying to figure out what the hell the cervitaur was doing to make him like this, "Yeah, I can do my best. Does he want to be brought back to his den or the garden."

He shuffled over to pick Eddy up and drape him over his back like wild game.

"I think the garden would be better right? If he needs herbs we have them right there. But also he didn't want to worry Belle and she would notice something for sure if Eddy is in the garden."

It was a hard decision. If Brett personally would choose, he would choose the garden simply because it was convenient. But Eddy's wishes needed to be respected as well.

The faun looked at Eddy trying to make the right call. In the end, it was better in the garden for easy herb access.

He looked up and into Ray's eyes, "Into the garden please."

Hopefully it was the right decision.

Ray nodded to that, hopefully Belle wouldn't see them and think that they killed her brother. It may have looked like it but Ray had no part in this, except for the fact that he was carrying Eddy back, "Alright, we'll bring him back."

With that he started to walk with long strides. He kept a steady pace so Eddy wouldn't fall off and Brett wouldn't fall behind.

The panther was not too fast but fast enough that Brett had to trot beside them.

"Eddy, can you hear me?," He tried again to get the deer to answer him. Hopefully they could rescue the man. Otherwise... Well, thankfully Ray was close by so he could easily atone for his sins. Eddy lifted his head slightly when he saw Brett since the faun got close to him. He could see the creatures lips moving but couldn't exactly tell what Brett was saying. So he did the logical thing to do and poked Brett's lips. That was reply enough. Ray glanced at the pair, warily. He was sure Eddy would be fine after some rest.