Innocence is either a Blessing or a Curse

Eddy watched the faun dive back into the hole, he wondered if he could help out with something else. He was pretty much done with the archway, but wasn't sure what else to do. Trimming was always a good option.

Brett was almost done anyway, only one or two more baskets full of moss and then he had to get off a little bit from the earthen walls, just in case. He looked around. And he definitely needed to make it bigger. He sighed. It was still a lot of work.

He got up with a full basket and looked at his entryway.

"Everytime I come up it's more and more pretty, like you," he grinned sheepishly and giggled.

Eddy blushed to that, "Well, I wouldn't have it any other way."

His big bubbly grin returned, all these compliments were amazing to hear. Eddy loved them.

"Good, good. I want to make it a little bit bigger so I have more room. I like to store things and yeah. Maybe when I have company over and such." His cheeks were colored in a soft pink and he avoided Eddy's eyes when he said that. No need to tell Eddy he hoped that the deer would be the person who was with him. And it was really a bit too small for them both.

"How big do you want to make it? Maybe I could help you dig it out a bit. If you want of course," Eddy wasn't sure if he could actually wiggle inside but he could try and hopefully get back out.

"I think if you want to come inside, we need to make the entrance bigger first. And then we can see if you can fit. Because you are very tall and the den is kinda small."

The faun looked at Eddy and rubbed his chin.

"Or you can dig a hole for the moss first while I make it bigger inside in the meantime."

"I can dig a hole for the moss. I don't want to risk getting stuck," If he were to get stuck in a hole, it would be like his early grave. What an awful way to go. Luckily it wasn't exactly a hole, more of an indent under the hedge. So he probably wouldn't suffocate. And Brett would definitely help him to get out so Eddy didn't need to worry too much but Brett was okay with the plan so he nodded.

"Sounds good. I will be down under again."

Brett skipped to the den and slipped inside, fully energized.

Eddy looked for a good spot to bury all the moss. It wasn't that hard, there was a lot of ground to do it at. He just needed it to be in an area they wouldn't trip over, "I will dig a hole then!"

"Thank you!"

While Eddy was busy digging stuff into the ground, Brett pulled the dirt up. For quite some time, nothing was said, they just worked, concentrating on their tasks. Brett was not finished by far when he noticed the time. He came out of the den, his face was dirty and his hair was full of soil. His coat was a mess and even the scarf was dirty. No wonder that his hands and hooves were dirty as well. But he had a big smile on his face.

"Hey Eddy, I think it's time for a lunch break, what do you think?"

"I think that sounds good, do you want to wash off?" Eddy looked at the stream close to them. They could get the dirt washed off before eating. Eddy wasn't a fan of eating dirt while enjoying his food.

"Oh yes. I enjoy being clean more." Brett went to the stream but stopped, looking at Eddy, "Don't you want to go back to the flock today? I can clean myself and you can go to the other deers if you want." Brett didn't want to monopolize Eddy, even if it was very tempting. Maybe he could reward the other with a butt massage for it - if Eddy would allow it that is. He was very quiet in the morning when he did it. Maybe he disliked it? But then again, Eddy would have told him, right?